Planning Permission, how to finance?

I won't go into detail in my game but currently in League 1 with Redditch United after a few seasons. The problem is, my ground only holds 5,000. Thankfully upto now, i've been able to keep wages down to £8,500 (week) at this moment so i'm losing much. My match day expenses are always high and I am barely making profit. The only money I make is from selling a player or setting up a pre-season friendly vs a big club.

I'm £300k up but every time I ask for stadium increase, then board say won't be able to get planning permission. I'm not sure how I can grow. If I don't get promoted, it's same again but then I feel I do need better players on bigger wages if i'm going to improve as a team but then this will lead to higher expenditure, moving me further away from having enough money to buy a new ground??? if I do get promoted with this current team, again natural 25% promotion wages increase plus need new players to compete really, sending my wages probably to 14/15k at least.

Has anyone had this sort of problem, what's the best thing to do? Just sit and wait?

Just keep pestering them for a new stadium and one fine day after the end of a season, they will just suddenly announce their new stadium. However, you need to pack out your existing stadium for them to even consider building a new one.

Archived