Under what condition,one player will have a description of "nexe XXX"?

Being dubbed the next is all to do with height, weight, position and nationality. Absolutely nothing to do with talent or ability. Unfortunately.

Are you sure? Whenever I see one of my player dubbed as the new whoever, they are great talents. I'm sure a certain minimum CA must be in place there.

In terms of choice of the ex-star which is mentioned in that line I believe that beyond nationality and position it's random as the new who those kids are dubbed. We have seen examples that all kind of attributes don't need to be similar to the model of the ex-stars (check the funny screenshots thread for a guy labelled the next Beckham with no crossing, corners or free-kicks).

Are you sure? Whenever I see one of my player dubbed as the new whoever, they are great talents. I'm sure a certain minimum CA must be in place there.

In terms of choice of the ex-star which is mentioned in that line I believe that beyond nationality and position it's random as the new who those kids are dubbed. We have seen examples that all kind of attributes don't need to be similar to the model of the ex-stars (check the funny screenshots thread for a guy labelled the next Beckham with no crossing, corners or free-kicks).

Fairly certain I've seen it quoted by SI peeps.

There was an example of someone the other day showing a player dubbed the next Beckham or something like that and they had almost completely polar opposite stats.

Everything that Bechkam was good at this guy was never going to be even half way decent at.

So yeah it seems like it is purely height, nationality, weight etc. rather than the chance that he could be as good as the other guy.

There was an example of someone the other day showing a player dubbed the next Beckham or something like that and they had almost completely polar opposite stats.

Everything that Bechkam was good at this guy was never going to be even half way decent at.

So yeah it seems like it is purely height, nationality, weight etc. rather than the chance that he could be as good as the other guy.

if this is the case i would hope Si review it and change it to something more fitting like CA and PA

because in real life Robinho was "the next" Pele and Messi was "the next" Maradona

both dubbed in the media and by Pele and Maradona themselves if im not mistaken..

but basically my point is those remarks werent based on their height, weight etc...

That was me!

But yeah, from my investigations it seems to be based on position, nationality and ca/pa. Doesn't seem to be to do with attributes at all as Beckhaminho (as I like to call him) is two footed, lightning fast but has no work rate, influence, crossing or set piece ability whatsoever.

So far I've had the next: Van Nistelrooy (flopped), Pirlo (could make it), Beckham (could be good but completely different) and Shabani Nonda (amazing!)

Archived