Have a crisis - I don't know what to do

Well basically, i signed Akinfeev in the January transfer window for AC Milan. This meant he wasnt eligble to play in the next champions league knockout round (I drew Man united). I also didn't have Abbiati and Flavio Roma (reserve keepers) in the named list for the knockout round

So in the first leg, i went to Old trafford with Dida (my backup goal keeeper, and we won 3-1

Now, to my absolute dismay and horror Dida gets a broken finger a week before the second leg

So to put it simply, I have no keeper for the second leg

Is there abolsutely ANYTHING i can do? is the only option i have now is to put a outfield player in goal? and go completely defensive?

I worked really hard to win the first leg, and now this happens. really annoyed i must say

thx for any help

I'm not sure about the rules for this but I thinkn you can use one of your youth players. U21 players don't need to be registered for the PL IIRC, so it may be the same for the CL.

You don't have to register players 21 or under, so there should be GK's around in your reserves or youth teams. I know it doesn't sound great, but for me it's a prefered solution to changing the formation when not having anyone available for a position.

Ah okay, didn't know that

I suppose it's better than having no keeper

Any ideas on tactics I can use to make sure I get through? formations? I suppose i can conceed a few and still get through, so im thinking about 5 in the back lol

Lost 2-1 :):)

very happy, they couldnt handle the midfield so thx for that !!

now i've got chelsea in the 1/4 finals haha

one last question, theres something which i cant quite grasp with my team

Everytime they face a lower league team (such as relegation sides and teams they are well favourites to win) they choke, and give away really bad goals, and generally lose or draw. But when I face teams such as Inter, Juventus and Roma we go in and win all of them. I just DONT get it. it's really costing me Serie A as i find myself in 6th position with 10 games left :(

even when we're at home against a bottom table side, we lose and concede badly. is there anything i can do to combat this? or i defo wont quailfy for Europe (and probs get sacked too) :(

thx guys

Thanks pal ;)

Yes, I have Gattuso as a ball winner and Ambrosini or Flamini as box to box

I usually just tell the players who have been playing bad that i have faith and the team as a whole to go in and to it for the fans. They never seem to listen

Against the bigger teams, admittedly, i do spend more time working on the tactics by looking at their setup and trying to counter each of their options, but still, i belive we should be winning against these really bad relegation sides.

my job status isnt looking too good either

that could be why. if you continously say the same thing to them they dont respond too much. go to your assistant manager page and go on team talk feedback. look at kick off, half time and full time. see what you said and how they reacted. If you say do it for the fans when playing against the big teams they may want to please the fans. also look at pre match advice and see how you assistant manager says you do against certain teams that could be why as well. so you can changge it by changing your team talk.

hope this helps mate

that could be why. if you continously say the same thing to them they dont respond too much. go to your assistant manager page and go on team talk feedback. look at kick off, half time and full time. see what you said and how they reacted. If you say do it for the fans when playing against the big teams they may want to please the fans. also look at pre match advice and see how you assistant manager says you do against certain teams that could be why as well. so you can changge it by changing your team talk.

hope this helps mate

The team tealk could totally be why this is going on, really appreicate the advice

cheers mate!

Archived