Game Performance

My matches have been really quite jittery of late (my game is now 2026) so I thought i'd come on here and ask for any help in smoothening out the games. But this site was taking a while to search and I noticed that if I have google chrome open while playing games that the 3-d match performance is as good as normal, I don't understand why but not complaining because problems is kinda sorted.

Any more ideas on helping game performance?

Lagging here too.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Patch 10.3, latest drivers for sound and video

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+

6 GB DDR2 RAM

BFG GeForce 8800 GT OC2 512MB

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1

This is surely overkill for the very basic graphics on Football Manager but no, it lags ramdomly in 3D. Some matches are totally smooth and some are really jittery. I've also noticed that playing mp3s and watching videos on youtube also badly effects the 3D performance and this really shouldn't be the case bearing in mind my PC specs...

Lagging here too.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Patch 10.3, latest drivers for sound and video

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+

6 GB DDR2 RAM

BFG GeForce 8800 GT OC2 512MB

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1

This is surely overkill for the very basic graphics on Football Manager but no, it lags ramdomly in 3D. Some matches are totally smooth and some are really jittery. I've also noticed that playing mp3s and watching videos on youtube also badly effects the 3D performance and this really shouldn't be the case bearing in mind my PC specs...

You shouldn't be having problems with those specs. The RAM should alone be able to handle it.

I have 4GB of RAM and only when I have a lot of other applications open do I start to see the effects.

Defrag your hardrive.

Clean your registery - Google Eusing Registery and download that.

CCleaner - Clears out a lot of your junk files with could smooth the performance but unclogging the hard drive. Again, Google it.

Check your RAM consumption on the task manager. You may be using too much on a silly thing whilst FM is left dragging.

That's what I do when FM decides it's going to be annoying.

Cheers for the comments but i'm a PC enthusiast and my machine (other than FM10) runs like s**t off a shovel and my Windows 7 install is only a few weeks old.

The drive FM is on is 1TB (1000gb) and nothing else installed on it (apart from FM09 which runs perfectly) so will not need defragging and i use ccleaner daily. Nothing else using silly amounts of RAM either in taskmanager.

If my machine wasn't able to handle the 3D it would most likely stutter ALL the time but that's the thing, it doesn't and just stutters randomly. Some matches (even with heavy rain/snow) are prefectly smooth and then others lag like hell.

Archived