why do I keep getting crappy transfer offers?

OK so why do other teams expect to be able to buy my "important first team player" and "indispensable to the club" players for less than they're listed? You know how every player has a price? Say a player of mine is listed for 6.5 mil Euros, I'll get numerous clubs offering me 6 or 6.25. It's so goddamn annoying. And even if I reject, they'll just try the same bid the week after or make an "inquiry".

It's like I can't make any money off players.

Also, the other annoying thing...why do decent players just rot in my team and nobody wants to buy them? The "offer to clubs" option never works unless a club is listed as "interested" and even then they might say that they actually aren't. I've literally had decent players sit in my reserves for like 8 years complaining that they want to get transfered with not a single club inquiring about them. WTF man, is there a way to fix this?

Firstly, it depends on how your team is performing. If your team is getting good results consistently, the clubs will naturally offer a higher price for your players. Secondly, try to negotiate the offer by decreasing the initial payment BUT increasing the monthly installments over a longer period. Clubs generally will fall for it!

Hope this helps!

icon_wink.gif

When you say "listed" do you mean they are on the transfer list or that is the value the game has given the player?

If it's that they're on the transfer list, then you can't expect good offers. You've actively shown that you don't want the player and are prepared to let him go so no club is likely to offer more then the player is worth.

If you mean the value given by the game, then try negotiating the deal. I sold Alonso for £30m when he was worth £13m, and Reina for £26m when he was worth £10m. If the buying club has the money and really want the player, then they are likely to make an improved bid.

Like what blanch said, if a club bids for a player of yours and you wanna negotiate spread the payments over 24 months, with low or better no inital payment, and you will get the best deal!

In regards to offloading players, depends what your players salary is, if average/affordable they could be offloaded by offering them on a 24 monthly installment for example player a is wotth $4m, offer clubs $0 initial payment, $4m over 24 months, works like a charm for me!! if player salary is ridiculous, no luck...

a couple of funny things happened to me this pre season...

i bought aaron lennon for £11.5M two years ago and because of a lack of games his value went down to £8.5M. i offered him to clubs at £11.5M, and three clubs actually bid that amount. usually, the "asking price is too high" or there'd be no interest at all, but he was sold to CL qualifiers Fulham for £11.5M.

secondly, i sold downing to inter for a measly £7.5M 3 years ago, i had little choice after i refused to sell him previously and he requested a move. i needed a winger for next season, so i bid for him again. inter wanted £13.5M, so i bid that for him. i totally forgot that i had put a 40% of next transfer fee clause in the deal, so i ended up getting $5.5M back from inter.

since then, i've put 40% clauses on every transfer, as initial bids from AI teams are always less than i expected, apart from lennon.

Archived