Money From Friendly Questions

Ok, I'm confused about who's getting the money from friendlies. I love the tours for reserves and Youth teams, but is it me paying them for me to play there?

Say I want to send my Porto reserve team on a tour of Belgium. 24k comes up beside the name of the Bekgian team I'll play, but is that me paying them 24k or them paying me 24K? There's nothing in the comment area.

---I can't imagine that when Chelsea came to the U.S. last year that they were the ones footing the whole bill. I'm losing BIG money each month even though I'm under way my wage ceiling plus I have big crowds every match. So, I'm trying to figure out where the extra expenses are coming from.

Also...if I arrange a friendly at home and the bottom of the match arrangement screen says, estimate 2.5K in revenue visitiing team will receive 100K. Does that mean I'll make 2.5K AFTER they get paid their 100K fee for the match? ie. I make 102.5K for the match and 2.5 of it comes to me. Or is it, I bring in 2.5 from gate sales and then pay them 100K for playing, thus losing 97.5K on the match?

Now, similar question. I arrange an away match and it shows my opponent's name beside it 24K; then underneath under comments it says 24K will be recived in appearance fees for this friendly. Who's getting how much?

For the first part, I would assume you pay that, for flights, hotel etc, which is why you should ask for some money from the team you play, as they get the gates.

For the second part, you earn £2,500 in gates, maybe a little more from concession stands and what not, probably about £4,000 all up, and you pay them £100,000 for coming, to cover their costs. Thus, losing you £95,000. The reason it's so low for you, is because you're putting out your reserves. If you did it with your first team, your gates may well be in the hundreds of thousands, even millions. I'm not too sure, I've not used a big club on FM10.

For the third question, I have no clue.

Perhaps screenshot your finances pre-game, and post game. See where there is a 24k difference in any of the finance areas, and figure it out from there?

Just to clear it up:

When you play a friendly away from home the amount shown next to the team name is the amount you receive. I'm not sure if there are additional costs for traveling though included elsewhere in the accounts.

When you play a home friendly its as Nep has stated above the amount shown is what you will make but you then have to pay the other team as well.

Just to clear it up:

When you play a friendly away from home the amount shown next to the team name is the amount you receive. I'm not sure if there are additional costs for traveling though included elsewhere in the accounts.

When you play a home friendly its as Nep has stated above the amount shown is what you will make but you then have to pay the other team as well.

Just to clear it up:

so the:

"the board estimates that you will receive 3K in revenue.

30K will be paid to the opposing team for appearing."

is a net 27K loss for me, right.

So the amount shown for a tour is how much I will receive, even though there is nothing in the comment box saying 30K will be received in appearance fees like when you arrange a friendly away. Just checking here.

I never figured out the tours revenue so I can't help you there.

The 2nd pic for the home match, you lose 74k

For the 3rd pic, you get paid 75k.

Basically the idea for friendlies is this. Home team gets paid in the form of gate receipts while they give a fee to visiting team for coming all the way to play the friendly. The home team also incur costs in the form of organising it and some form of stadium maintenance etc. The visiting team pretty much just needs to show up and play.

So a rule of thumb is, you schedule home friendlies against Large reputation opponents so you draw in huge crowds and the gate earnings is more than enough after you have paid out the high fees to the visiting teams.

And you schedule away fixtures against very small reputation opponents (I prefer very small foreign teams) and you get paid a fixed sum of money for appearing and play.

As for which is more profitable, it depends on which tier of the league you are in.

At the BSS/BSN level, if you can get to schedule pre season leagues/cups against the reserves of EPL (i doubt it is possible), or the reserves of teams in coca cola championship, you will get lots of money if the matches happens to be shown on TV. If not, just play away games against small rep foreign teams.

Around the BSP level, you should be able to play with their reserves. And somewhere in L2, you should be able to schedule home games / pre season leagues with premier league reserve teams.

Just test out the various options.

Because you are going on tour its the same as an away friendly, so you get $130k per match. Not quite sure how $130k*4 = $500k though :confused:

As I said in my previous post though you may incur travel costs that aren't shown on there but might be included somewhere in your expenditure. I think you would need clarification from SI though to fully understand if there are additional costs.

Well, this is really about my reserve and youth teams. I'm trying to get them plenty of matches AND make $$$. I thought it would with tours as it looks in the 1st picture, but it sure did seem like I was losing boatloads of money while being well under the salary structure. Also, the board is always complimenting me for keeping a tight control on salaries. So, not sure how I'm losing millions every month.

Guess I would have lost even more if not for the tours.

Archived