Headers...

I would like to see more variety with headers on goal.

When scoring headers would like to see diving headers, headers into the ground that sort of thing.

When missing headers I would like to see them go by the post more often or over different parts of the goal.

Headers do seem very ineffective on 10.3. It took six months for Drogba and Anelka (or indeed the rest of my side) to score a header on 10.3. Far too many go straight at the keeper or loop over. Few are deflected off a defender, or wide of the post, or saved by a diving goalkeeper, and I don't think enough are scored (which PaulC admitted).

I've found the opposite to SCIAG, I remember 2 seasons ago (in-game) thinking to myself after reading a similar thread, "I must have scored 1/3 of my goals from headers". Now I don't have proof, as the game stats aren't quite so deep, but I do score regularly with headers.

I think it comes from having my best headerer up front (Milevskiy) as an advanced forward, so he gets the crosses, while my target man (Kadlec) supplies a lot. The other factor is of my 4 regular wingers 3 of them are at least decent at headers, and as set as attacking always follow into the box from the opposite side of the crosser, picking up a nice few free headers.

Archived