Managing Minor International Nations

Hi, I'm currently managing Afghanistan and have nothing to do but play friendlies week in week out.

I had expected to be in the Asian qualifiers for the World Cup and in the Asian cup but Afghanistan are so bad that they don't compete in those things.

Has anybody else ever managed a small international side like this where there is nothing to do except play friendlies? I was just wondering if, if you do well, it is possible for the nation to gain eligibility for these major tournaments? Is it possible that somehow in the game's future I will be able to play in tournaments or with these nations are you expected to do nothing but play friendlies and maybe increase your world ranking slightly?

Thanx

Im managing Singapore currently, and most of the game I play are friendies. The best way to get your team to qualify and do well on the international stage is to take control of one of the better clubs in your country. Over the years, improve your clubs youth facilities and/or buy young, uncapped players from other countries that could become eligible for your country in the future. This is a long term project but eventually the players that you have brought in through youth or otherwise will enable you to qualify for a major tournament. :thup:

Im managing Singapore currently, and most of the game I play are friendies. The best way to get your team to qualify and do well on the international stage is to take control of one of the better clubs in your country. Over the years, improve your clubs youth facilities and/or buy young, uncapped players from other countries that could become eligible for your country in the future. This is a long term project but eventually the players that you have brought in through youth or otherwise will enable you to qualify for a major tournament. :thup:

Yeah, thing is I don't want to manage anyone else apart from Afghanistan.

But as Singapore, are you in the qualifiers for the World Cup/Asia Cup? Do you play any ccompetitive(non-friendly) matches at all.

IRL there are plenty of minor international and regional cups that keep nations busy. Lower ranked Asian nations have the President's Cup for example.

I'm only thinking that SI don't include these due to lack of interest.

IRL there are plenty of minor international and regional cups that keep nations busy. Lower ranked Asian nations have the President's Cup for example.

I'm only thinking that SI don't include these due to lack of interest.

Are you sure that those competitions don't exist on FM, that's what I need to know?

Are you sure that those competitions don't exist on FM, that's what I need to know?

I haven't seen them pop up on FM, as far as I know.

For example, the South East Asian countries (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand etc) have a bi-annual regional tournament called the Asean Football Federation Cup. I haven't seen that appear on FM.

I managed Reunion for three and a half years. They are a tiny African country who don't play anything other than friendlies (in the game anyway).

If Afghanistan don't play anything other than friendlies in game, it won't change in future seasons.

Archived