I got a statue!

Wow, congratulations to you, I'm happy for you but a bit aggrieved at the same time.

Here's why.

I took over Leeds, got promoted with the highest amount of points ever in coca cola league one, whilst adding the Johnstone's paint trophy to that.

I then went on to win the championship with the highest number of points ever, and not losing a single game. Add to that the small matter (according to Leeds) of wining the FA cup and league cup, and I had myself a treble in the championship, which is amazing in itself and should give me god like status at any club.

On to the Premiership. In my first season I won the charity shield, EURO cup, FA cup, and not to mention the small matter (according to Leeds) of actually winning the premiership. I'm now in my second season in the premiership, I have won it again, I'm in the champions league final, FA cup final, I won the league cup and the European super cup.

My club status is favoured personnel, I'm not even an icon, so, you can see now why I feel a little aggrieved.

Great achievement though, with Oxford.

Wow, congratulations to you, I'm happy for you but a bit aggrieved at the same time.

Here's why.

I took over Leeds, got promoted with the highest amount of points ever in coca cola league one, whilst adding the Johnstone's paint trophy to that.

I then went on to win the championship with the highest number of points ever, and not losing a single game. Add to that the small matter (according to Leeds) of wining the FA cup and league cup, and I had myself a treble in the championship, which is amazing in itself and should give me god like status at any club.

On to the Premiership. In my first season I won the charity shield, EURO cup, FA cup, and not to mention the small matter (according to Leeds) of actually winning the premiership. I'm now in my second season in the premiership, I have won it again, I'm in the champions league final, FA cup final, I won the league cup and the European super cup.

My club status is favoured personnel, I'm not even an icon, so, you can see now why I feel a little aggrieved.

Great achievement though, with Oxford.

To be honest with Leeds isnt that good of an achievement because Leeds are not a small club whereas Oxford have been took to Championship football from Blue Square Premier football :)

To be honest with Leeds isnt that good of an achievement because Leeds are not a small club whereas Oxford have been took to Championship football from Blue Square Premier football :)

Rubbish, he's set two points records in two consecutive seasons and has a myriad of trophies under his belt. It is a fantastic achievement, just like Dave's.

And Leeds are a relatively small club. They're in League One. To get to the CL final in four years with such a small club is fantastic.

Anyway, Dave- fantastic. Good to see that you have been recognised in this way.

Rubbish, he's set two points records in two consecutive seasons and has a myriad of trophies under his belt. It is a fantastic achievement, just like Dave's.

And Leeds are a relatively small club. They're in League One. To get to the CL final in four years with such a small club is fantastic.

Its a good achievement to win CL with Leeds in four years after League 1 its just to take Oxford from Blue Square Premiership to Championship is brilliant dking would you mind posting a screenie of your Leeds squad please?

you havent got a statue at all it says players will be looking for a statue of you not there building or there is a statue of you but all in all good work getting them that far!!!

It says "looking to dedicate a statue". So yes, they are building a statue of him.

Although, fine though that achievement is, Oxford were in the Championship (or Division One) just slightly over 12 or so years ago, so it doesn't seem that great a deal.

If they reach the Prem though, then that's a different story.

It says "looking to dedicate a statue". So yes, they are building a statue of him.

Although, fine though that achievement is, Oxford were in the Championship (or Division One) just slightly over 12 or so years ago, so it doesn't seem that great a deal.

Well currently top of the championship, i'll update this thread when i finish my season...

Well currently top of the championship, i'll update this thread when i finish my season...

Well wouldn't you know it, I've finally got some respect at Leeds after winning the champs league final and I'm getting a statue built of me! Never had this before in years of FM/CM.

Edit - Well, this is obviously bugged to crap. I get a statue built of me yet I'm still only favoured personnel. Seriously annoying and hopefully it will be addressed in the next version.

you havent got a statue at all it says players will be looking for a statue of you not there building or there is a statue of you but all in all good work getting them that far!!!

I think you need to read that again, "looking to dedicated a statue" means they are going to build one.

===================================================================

Funnily enough they built the statue for me for winning the Europa cup but didnt seem all that amazed when i won the Champions league the season after it.

AND LEEDS ARE A RELATIVELY SMALL CLUB. They're in League One. To get to the CL final in four years with such a small club is fantastic.

Okay then. So many errors with that post it's untrue.

I just says they are looking to build a statue, just like I'm looking to be a millionaire.

I have had this a few times as with the "key to the city", and take it with a grain of salt, at least you feel appreciated the first time.

The best one is getting a stadium named after you. I had that in FM09, t'was awesome.

Well, ater 2 seasons in the Championship just won it with Oxford. No new statue this time though. The board seemed more happy with the promotion into the Championship rather than getting out of it. Still only considered 'favoured personel' too despite the message in the screenshot:

titlew.png

Archived