It's happend :) (got a son)

I'm jealous, this is one of the few things I've never seen in any of my games on FM :(

What this man said. Despite playing so many, many, many seasons. IIRC, it was quoted somewhere that you have a 10,000-1 shot of getting a son. If an average save game load for me is a bout a minute, and the turn of season 2 more minutes, that's 30,000 minutes of reloading to get a son. :D

Aren't those v.good stats for a 16 yr old?

And, just out of interest, does his age fit in realistically with your age? You're not like 30 and he's 16, right?

Nah it can't be ... Notice that the game is in 2033 that is 24th year as manager... and the least age u can be a manager is @ 25 in the game.

Also he said he was with middlesborough for 22 yrs ... So he will be at least 49 in the game i think

I honestly think, no matter how bad my son would be, unless he was a GK, I would play him every single game. He would set records for apps. And if I were international manager, I'd make sure he broke all those records too.

Yeah same!!! That is if I do ever get one

Shame he's a keeper and will only be average at best. And it says he was born in Manchester but i've been at Middlesbrough for the last 22 years on the game :|

Maybe it was a one night stand after a match in Manchester where the mother lives

Aren't those v.good stats for a 16 yr old?

And, just out of interest, does his age fit in realistically with your age? You're not like 30 and he's 16, right?

They are okay stats but FM09 seems to have some problems with regen keepers. I've had many come through as "best of their generation" only for them to end up being average.

And my age on the game is 54 (IIRC). Started as 30 and i'm now 24/25 seasons in.

Just gave him 2 full matches against Bradford in the Carling Cup and Bolton in the league. He kept 2 clean sheets and had to make a total of 9 saves :) He did pretty well tbh. Next i've got World Cup quals against Switzerland and San Marino for England. Will probably start him against San Marino as Switzerland have one of the best strikers on the game.

Archived