Is this considered cheating?

As far as I'm aware, you're not exploiting any bug etc. just you choose not to offer signing on fees and players tend to accept the terms, so you think players are too reasonable! Presumably you don't know that they'll accept so its fine!

As far as I'm aware, you're not exploiting any bug etc. just you choose not to offer signing on fees and players tend to accept the terms, so you think players are too reasonable! Presumably you don't know that they'll accept so its fine!

I don't know if that's a bug or not to be honest;I mean in FM 2010 sometimes players reject contracts because they'd like a "More generous" signing-on fee,whereas in FM 2008 they just accept the contract even if it doesn't have a signing-on fee at all.

IIRC, back then, the game wasn't coded to consider signing-on bonuses when accepting/rejecting contracts

It can be considered abit of an exploit, since the AI still paid them, giving you a slight advantage financially, but then I think alot of people did the same

Just wish we still could considering some of the asking prices for contract renewals these days

There was an exploit in older games then in which you could keep giving your player new contracts, while reducing their salary little by little and they will still accept. The only reason why it worked because signing fees were always kept at 0.

FM2010 has tightened up the need for signing on fees, costs me a fortune :(

Do contract renewals in real life carry hefty signing on fees? I can understand new players needing one but it seems like I'm wasting a huge amount of money just keeping my players at my club.

Do contract renewals in real life carry hefty signing on fees? I can understand new players needing one but it seems like I'm wasting a huge amount of money just keeping my players at my club.

I agree that it seems silly that current players require millions of pounds up front just to extend a contract

However, signing on fees is something rarely talked about in the media, whereas wages are

I agree that it seems silly that current players require millions of pounds up front just to extend a contract

However, signing on fees is something rarely talked about in the media, whereas wages are

Archived