The AI never offer anything for players ?

When i buy a good player, lets say Zapata.. i had to pay like 27 million pounds for him, he plays well a season for me and i start getting offers like 10 million for him, if i try and negotiate the price up to a reasonable price of 20-30 million they withdrawn.

This happens with all players, i have to pay 3-4 times the price while the computer rarely offers double the price.

Its unfair and it didnt use to be this way in earlier games.

do you negotiate your transfers when you buy them to start with or do you just pay what the AI ask for. I have never had that problem. on fm09 i think i got bosko jankovic i think on a free and he had 1 or 2 good seasons and some big clubs were interested like real madrid, juventus and a few others and because i didnt have to sell i asked for £50 mill and real gave so its just luck.

Ok, tips:

Use asking prices, set them at a level acceptable to you, or even above acceptable, and if you do get offers, they tend to be more worthwhile offers. I personally set asking prices on players I want to keep who are worth 23 million at 70 million, because honestly I dont want to sell them. I don't usually get any offers for such high prices, but I did once sell a left winger for 42 million pounds

Also - a lot of it is down to reputation, if you are a low-reputation team, you'll tend to get both more interest in your players, and lower offers, setting high asking prices can off-set this somewhat.

Thirdly - If you have to pay 2-3 times the value of a player, the odds are the team doesn't really *want* to get rid of that player, if they dont want to get rid of that player, and they consider it an integral part of their current or future first team plans, then of course they're only going to let said player go if they can get the money to bring in two good players to overall strengthen their team.

So basically, the system generally makes sense.

I was offered £18million for a player, once, and he was worth a lot more. I've put a lot of hours into FM10 with Liverpool and I'm yet to see a huge offer for anybody. I'm constantly being offered a pittance for my players.

Yes, I always put higher asking prices on (not unreasonable either), and yes, Liverpool have a high reputation.

It's purely down to luck, in my opinion.

When you have a world class player, and you get offer for him.. you need to get a bid of something like 50 million if you are going to replace him with another player, since it will cost YOU 50 million to buy a player of the same calibre. Once i bought Fabregas for 114 million pounds.

I think wage-costs are also a prohibitive factor in transfers, that winger I sold for 42 million was only on like 30,000 pounds a week, so benefica, the club that bought him could easily afford that.

It also helps when pushing up fees to have a large bulk of the transfer in "over 36 months" or so payments, it helps make things more manageable for clubs.

I've noticed that when setting a value for my players the expected sale price is always halfway between the player's given value, and the value I've given him. Good at scaring away teams with a lukewarm interest...

Cant say i have really seen this problem. usually if someone makes a bid for my players its a reasonable offer. I have found though that when offering players to other clubs sometimes the AI clubs offer you crazy money.

In my most recent save i was the top team in Scotland and had a pretty low rep as i had came all the way up from the Scottish div 3. Most of my players would have been good EPL players but not world beaters. I started offering them out for 10x their current value and usualy the AI would come back with a priceof a least 5X current value in most cases.

Archived