Transfer bids

i bid the exact same amount for Sobis (10.5m) as Lyonnais yet my bid was refused and theirs was accepted. i looked to see if there was a clause in the deal and no. what gives?

oh and also i the manager has no problems with me :-)

You ahve t take into account some clubs won't sell to clubs they consider 'rivals'. Some clubs will consider teams in the same league as rivals, some fell clubs contesting in Europe are rivals. Depends on the clubs involved.

Also take into account the selling clubs' most fierce rivals - or hated clubs! You don't get many transfers done between Manchester United and Liverpool do you?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Box:

You ahve t take into account some clubs won't sell to clubs they consider 'rivals'. Some clubs will consider teams in the same league as rivals, some fell clubs contesting in Europe are rivals. Depends on the clubs involved.

Also take into account the selling clubs' most fierce rivals - or hated clubs! You don't get many transfers done between Manchester United and Liverpool do you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Frank Lampard, Joe Cole and Glen Johnson from WEST HAM to CHELSEA, possibly one of the fiercest Rivalrys in the world.

I didn't say it doesn't happen in the game, becasue teams do sell to their rivals. My point was there is an elelent of preference, that will eitehr effect the price of a player or the sale of a player at all.

In the instances you highlighted, West Ham were hardly contesting for the same silverware as Chelsea, plus you are forgetting that West Ham did receive a lot of money for those players and werent in a position to snub X amount of millions.

The point is, there is an element of preference, I pointed out Liverpool and Man united because they are both rivals locally and in terms of competition - and money isnt as much of an issue for these teams.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Frank Lampard, Joe Cole and Glen Johnson from WEST HAM to CHELSEA, possibly one of the fiercest Rivalrys in the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For huge transfer fees. I doubt anyone else could have afforded them at the time.

And yes, bids get rejected from divisional / Euro rivals a lot. I do it myself.

As Chelsea, I reject pretty much every bid tabled by Man U, Arsenal, Barce, Real Madrid, the Milans, etc, unless it's a ridiculous amount for a player I don't really want, but if Everton or Newcastle come a-knocking with a decent bid I'll consider it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Frank Lampard, Joe Cole and Glen Johnson from WEST HAM to CHELSEA, possibly one of the fiercest Rivalrys in the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For huge transfer fees. I doubt anyone else could have afforded them at the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually not that big. Rivaly wasnt really an issue. West ham had just gone down, they needed to get rid of thier big wages.

It happens pretty often when they reject higher bid from human manager while accepting lower bids from AI managers.

Arsenal just accepted 9.5M bid from Portsmouth for Taore while they rejected 15M bid fro me (Barcelona). Arsenal is on the top of the table with Portsmouth 2nd (3 points lead). What kind of club is this! Selling a good player to the title competitor for a lot cheaper than to a foreign club.

This needs to be sorted out! icon_razz.gif

Archived