Anyone else having trouble offloading goalkeepers?

I have some very good goalkeepers at my club. My first choice is Akinfeev and I've just brought in the No.1 for Argentina valued at £12M on a free transfer.

I have 2 other keepers, valued at around £5M each, both on wages of around £25,000 a week and both very able for a Premiership team. In fact one played a lot of games for me last season due to Akinfeev's poor form and the other has spent 2 full seasons on loan at Everton as their first choice. The are both very similar and I would rotate them if I didn't have Akinfeev. Now that I have a very very good back up I think the time has come for them to go.

I have offere them out for less than their value and even resorted to offering them for £0 with NO OFFERS. I;ve tried to get rid of them on loan with no and no wages, again no offers. They refuse to go to my feeder clubs (although they aren;t great teams to be fair). Ive transfer listed them, loan listed them, taken them off, EVERYTHING.

I cannot get rid of them. They have 2/3 years left on their contracts but no one wants to know. They are better than most other keeprs in the league and I just cannot understand why no one woudl want them.

HELP!

Well if they havent played for a long while, they wont have any form, nor will they have much to show from. That could be an aspect.

I see where you're coming from but one of them has spent 2 season on loan at another team in the league and played very well. So he has 2 full seasons to his name. The other was effectively my back-up keeper but has had about 50 games in 2 seasons. He's won the title, and Champions League so surely other teams would be interested in him as well, expecially for FREE!

I have another good keeper - a bit younger but a great prospect. No first team games but is potentially world class and no one wants him either. I would keep him but is hard to keep them all happy just playing reserve fixtures.

Sounds like the perils of the english premiership? I play in the scottish premier on my st mirren game and I pretty much permanently have wanted next to all of my players.

You could try negotiate down their wages perhaps, I find it a player is on low wages it sometimes seems to increase interest somewhat.

The same thing happened with me with Newcastle in the Premier League , I had Joe hart on loan to three different clubs over three years and finally decided to sell him when he was valued at £8,000,000 as I had a better keeper, but was unable to sell him for any more than £1,000,000 even though on loan he had proved that he was a high class keeper

The same thing happened with me with Newcastle in the Premier League , I had Joe hart on loan to three different clubs over three years and finally decided to sell him when he was valued at £8,000,000 as I had a better keeper, but was unable to sell him for any more than £1,000,000 even though on loan he had proved that he was a high class keeper

It seems sudden though - I had Joe Hart as well as back-up but he wanted games so I sold him quite easily.

I alos picked up Boruc on a free transfer and managed to punt him to Real Madrid for £7.5M without any problems.

But these 3 keepers just don't attract any interest at all. They are good enough for any EPL team (compared to the current keepers they have) they are not on massive wages, and if they got the chance they would probably move if they had an offer.

One of them went to Barcelona as back-up 2 seasons ago and played a good few games so it's not like they are not up to standard.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived