Is there a way to sign a player that doesn't want to come to your team?

Don't think it's possible. It is possible to sign players who "don't want to consider this offer until all possible avenues are considered" (i.e. trying to sign a player on a free from another club, but he would prefer to stay) though, by offering a big contract. For example, I offered to quintuple some player's current wages putting him on par with some of the better-paid players at his current club, and despite wanting to hold out he jumped ship.

You could cheat. I used to do this when I was super new to the game - and admittedly very rarely now when I'm in an unsporting mood.

(Save first, in case you feel guilty or it doesn't work out)

1) Create another manager

2) Put him in charge of the club with the player you want

3) Do everything in your power to anger him and make him want to leave

-Offer him mutual termination, especially if he has many years left on his contract (He'll refuse, it'll anger him and the team)

-Transfer List and set him to not needed

-Make some U-18 scrub the team captain/vice captain

-If he has friends on the team, anger them too

4) Switch back to your real manager, offer the transfer again, advance the game

5) Accept the bid on your dummy manager

6) Negotiate the transfer to completion

7) Retire with your dummy manager

Short of that, praising over the course of many months sometimes works. Sometimes it doesn't. Their loyalty rating might be sky high, or your club's reputation isn't in line with their ambition. For players I really want and don't want to be incredibly cheap in acquiring, I shortlist them permanently, try praising them - unless it backfires - and wait for them to ever get unsettled or close to the end of contract at their club. Then I try again.

Most of the time I just try to find a similar player that will do the job for me.

If you're going to cheat you might as well use fmrte instead of going through the tedious process of adding a manager only then to influence your game by making the team you're buying from manager-less after you are done (and ruining their squad morale if you do everything mentioned). Oh and p*ssed means urinated, irritated or inebriated and is not particularly offensive, this is just a clean forum.

Is that ANY European? Or just a top class one?

Any European- I tried to get an AFC Wimbledon player to sign for my side who had 10000 rep and basically couldn't have been more attractive (I was experimenting in the editor) and he wouldn't come. I think it applies for Africans and Asians too.

If you're going to cheat you might as well use fmrte instead of going through the tedious process of adding a manager only then to influence your game by making the team you're buying from manager-less after you are done (and ruining their squad morale if you do everything mentioned). Oh and p*ssed means urinated, irritated or inebriated and is not particularly offensive, this is just a clean forum.

All fair points. I used that method before I even heard of FMRTE. Like I said though I'm generally better at the game now and obsess less over players. Still have moments of weakness, however. I also have an unsubstantiated and likely superstitious opinion that third party programs eventually corrupt my saves, so if I'm gonna cheat I often prefer using ingame means to do so, regardless of the added consequences.

With regards to the word in question though, it isn't even remotely offensive in the US. It's benign slang for angry.

I don't think it's hard coded. You might get a low-rep player to go, perhaps one that speaks Portuguese. But the Brazilian league has a low rep compared with many European leagues. Despite the talent that comes out of Brazil, it's just not an attractive proposition. Someone like Lukaku is being watched IRL by so many clubs in the Premier League, La Liga and Serie A that his reputation is probably higher than his ability right now. The game reflects that, accurately in this case. The only players in Europe who really move to the Brazilian leagues are homesick Brazilians (Robinho) or those trying to regain fitness to get into the national side (Adriano).

Archived