Make long term games more dynamic and less boring

I've played CM/FM for years and after maybe 7 or 8 years in a game I kind of loose motivation. I think the problem is I know the FM world is going to stay the same - nothing is really going to change, so basically you end up repeating year after year with each one feeling almost the same.

Therefore, my idea is to be able to choose the option of making dynamic events happen. This is actually realistic - the football world doesn't stay the same in real life, crazy things happen like the Bosman ruling which change everything.

So if you select dynamic events this could mean important things happening - Celtic/ Rangers joing EPL, changes in way TV money is shared, an agreement to limit the number of foriegn players etc

These events would only happen maybe roughly every 10 years and would be random. Also there could be smaller things happening every few years like rule changes which lead to more goals etc

Longterm games would definately be more interesting and feel more realistic if we knew that everything was not going to stay the same, because noone knows what the football world will be like in 10 years.

I've played CM/FM for years and after maybe 7 or 8 years in a game I kind of loose motivation. I think the problem is I know the FM world is going to stay the same - nothing is really going to change, so basically you end up repeating year after year with each one feeling almost the same.

Therefore, my idea is to be able to choose the option of making dynamic events happen. This is actually realistic - the football world doesn't stay the same in real life, crazy things happen like the Bosman ruling which change everything.

So if you select dynamic events this could mean important things happening - Celtic/ Rangers joing EPL, changes in way TV money is shared, an agreement to limit the number of foriegn players etc

These events would only happen maybe roughly every 10 years and would be random. Also there could be smaller things happening every few years like rule changes which lead to more goals etc

Longterm games would definately be more interesting and feel more realistic if we knew that everything was not going to stay the same, because noone knows what the football world will be like in 10 years.

It wouldn't work. Some things in FM are hardcoded for simplicity. Having more random variables to worry about would only lead to more bugs.

Although it would be nice to have dynamic reputation in FM11...

Dynamic reputation, dynamic prize money, dynamic TV deals, dynamic national football fanhood ratings (or whatever it is, I'm pretty sure something similar exists) would all be nice. Even things like expansion (only for leagues like the A-League or the MLS with no relegation) at least seem like they are within the realm of possibility. If you manage America to win the World Cup in FM10, the MLS is completely unchanged.

Archived