Any point to scouting countries whose databases are not loaded?

So, this is probably a stupid question, but is there any point to scouting countries whose databases aren't loaded? Testing this in two different games, the answer appears to be no. But at the same time, I can view players on other teams, even make contract offers; it's just when I send my scouts to France, and don't have France loaded, they happen to not find anyone.

And if this is true, does it mean I can never really scout anyone from the Caribbean, or from Paraguay? I know I can load players from different regions. After that initial creation, will I ever see newgens from those regions?

Lot of questions. Oddly enough, I haven't found many internet answers, and it's not for lack of looking or using the search function.

As far as I can tell, no there isn't much point in scouting smaller countries/areas if they aren't loaded from the beginning...

Major European and South American countries will surely pop up plenty of good newgens, regardless of their "loadedness", while Africa and other places will just generate enough players to keep the national teams going, given they aren't all greyed out in day 1 already.

I've had my scouts travelling around Western Africa, and in almost two years they reported back about FOUR players...

Also keep in mind your scouts aren't some sort of all-seeing eye, so they'll probably miss a lot of good prospect, but don't worry... they'll recommend you those stars when they'll be in some good team already and their price tag will be around 10M ;)

There are NO players from France in your game? That's really weird.

If nothing else, scouting any country will allow you to increase scouting knowledge, and in the long-term that might help with things like Player/Staff Searches when (if) someone pops up there in the future. Scouting knowledge also affects the nationality of the players generated by your youth academy, which is nice to some.

There are NO players from France in your game? That's really weird.

Keep in mind that I'm a Yank, so I mostly play with MLS and Blue Square leagues as much to familiarize myself with the game as anything. Could be that the game doesn't generate lower level players, but will continue to pop out higher level types. But yeah, scouting France with a scout who's about 50% green on the frogs doesn't produce any hits for Worcester City. Come to think of it, that might have something to do with my scout not speaking French. Perhaps he's just wandering around the French grounds making contract offers in broken francais: "Pardon, football, Worchester City, oui oui? Silvousplait?"

Keep in mind that I'm a Yank, so I mostly play with MLS and Blue Square leagues as much to familiarize myself with the game as anything. Could be that the game doesn't generate lower level players, but will continue to pop out higher level types. But yeah, scouting France with a scout who's about 50% green on the frogs doesn't produce any hits for Worcester City. Come to think of it, that might have something to do with my scout not speaking French. Perhaps he's just wandering around the French grounds making contract offers in broken francais: "Pardon, football, Worchester City, oui oui? Silvousplait?"

That is funny. :D

I believe you're right; the game will generate the better/higher rep French players, but not the ones that might go for Worchester City.

Archived