2d Match Extended Highlights Question

Hi,

Was just wondering, is there any significance in the chances on goal that the match engine chooses to show in 2d?

What I mean by this is are the chances that it shows, which don't result in a goal, better chances than those that arent shown or is there some other criteria that determines if the chance is shown or not? or is it completely random?

I was just wondering if you can use the number of chances shown as 2d highlights as an indicator to how well your team is playing? For example if the stats say I've had 5 shots on goal and not scored and I have been shown no 2d highlights for these chances is that worse than having 5 shots on goal that didnt result in a goal but all 5 were given a 2d highlight?

Thanks in advance.

• SI Staff

Yes there is significance but its hard to explain.

Basically the changes displayed are thought to be the 'more interesting' of the ones which occur HOWEVER what is considered 'interesting' might differ somewhat ...

Think of things in terms of yourself being the editor creating "Match of the Day" highlights of a match which have to fit within a 4 minute window in the program, in an action packed match with 20 shots and 5 goals you'd find yourself cutting out some shots because so much was going on, in constrast if the match was a 0-0 with only 3 shots taken the entire match not only would you show all three shots, but you'd probably show some fairly 'boring' filler highlights to fill up time.

Thats basically what happens in very simplistic terms ..

(hope that made some sort of sense ;) )

Archived