Player Interaction - Overhaul

If SI touch nothing else in FM11 and just concentrate on the player interaction I'd be a very happy man.

I don't want to ask a player to recommend a scout - I'm not exagerrating when I say this has probably never happened in the history of football. I want to be able to talk to him about his poor form, plans for the future, whether or not I'll be renewing his contract, if he's played his last game for the club.

I want the players to feel real. Like real players not spreadsheets with set things you can ask.

I want the interaction to be dynamic. I want it to be based on their standing in the team, senior players, youth players, legends etc. All interaction should be based on specific circumstances. Contract near to ending, goal drought.

I don't even think the effects should be huge - there should be minor risk and reward for each - but it's more about the immersion. Feeling the players are really human.

At the moment, as much as I love FM, the players just feel like numbers.

100% agree, player interaction should be much better. I would like it if you hold meetings between two players who have fallen out, or ask a player why he's playing poorly not just publicly criticise him, and ask senior players such as captain what they think could improve the team, amongst other things.

Completely agree. SI need to do something about it for FM 2011 and I don't think it would take much to make it more enjoyable but most importantly more realistic!

It's annoying when, as a manager, your hands are tied if you want to talk to a player.

For example, I have a player who wants to move to a bigger club so I offer him to clubs and transfer list him. Then, another player "slams" me in the press and I can't talk to him at all. Can't explain my actions or even discipline him for unprofessional behaviour. He just gets away with it!

Anyway, more interaction please SI. They are players not just stats!

Archived