Realism needs to be improved

Ok here are more than a few things that need to be improved, this game is great but can do with fixing the following or adding the following.

1. Critism/praise from bord and fans should be dependent on the team you put out, if you lose to a team you should have won against and you put out a very weak team then you should not get critisised for it...if your star players are injured.

2. All players stats drastically reducing at same age, not happens to all players in real life, look at Sheringham and Maldini for example.

3. Chairmen accepting bids from other clubs for your players which is not feasible in terms of long term value. For example Gill accepted a 10.75 million bid for Gerard Pique when clubs were offering me 14.25 million and he is a wonderkid who is worth much more than 14.25 million.

4. Club should give better/unbetter sponsors, reputation, youth players etc depending on success/unsucsess, Man Utd can't stay like a big reputation club even if they don't win premier league for 10 years.

5. Players rated at their purchasing price, this is very annoying at the moment because players in the game are rated well below their acceptance price for transfer bids, clubs should automatically set the price of a player at a value which they are prepared to accept, either that or something called 'not for sale'.

6. Player contracts and player poaching. Now I offered one of my players a contract of 4 years, he had a year left to run, was unsettled 2 months before I gave him a contract. When he was happy I gave the contract and he signed it, a month later a club made a bid for him and I rejected and he was unhappy again at not being allowed to move clubs, why did he sign the contract then? He wouldn't have done that in real life.

7. Now I don't know if this is wrong or right in the game but it seems to be wrong to me. Let me give Man Utd as an example when I manage them. Cristiano Ronaldo is wanted by alot of clubs, now when a club like Chelsea or Inter make a bid and I reject it why does the player get upset about it? Should he? Should he know about it that a club made an offer for him? Shouldn't this deal be kept between both parties and not affect the player? Shouldn't I as manager be dealing this with Ronaldo's agent? Shouldn't his agent report to me from the club that made an offer etc. Now it can get out but only through the media, this does not get reflected like this in the game, very annoying.

I have a few more things which I can't remember at the moment but will post them when I can remember what they are.

Ok here are more than a few things that need to be improved, this game is great but can do with fixing the following or adding the following.

1. Critism/praise from bord and fans should be dependent on the team you put out, if you lose to a team you should have won against and you put out a very weak team then you should not get critisised for it...if your star players are injured.

2. All players stats drastically reducing at same age, not happens to all players in real life, look at Sheringham and Maldini for example.

3. Chairmen accepting bids from other clubs for your players which is not feasible in terms of long term value. For example Gill accepted a 10.75 million bid for Gerard Pique when clubs were offering me 14.25 million and he is a wonderkid who is worth much more than 14.25 million.

4. Club should give better/unbetter sponsors, reputation, youth players etc depending on success/unsucsess, Man Utd can't stay like a big reputation club even if they don't win premier league for 10 years.

5. Players rated at their purchasing price, this is very annoying at the moment because players in the game are rated well below their acceptance price for transfer bids, clubs should automatically set the price of a player at a value which they are prepared to accept, either that or something called 'not for sale'.

6. Player contracts and player poaching. Now I offered one of my players a contract of 4 years, he had a year left to run, was unsettled 2 months before I gave him a contract. When he was happy I gave the contract and he signed it, a month later a club made a bid for him and I rejected and he was unhappy again at not being allowed to move clubs, why did he sign the contract then? He wouldn't have done that in real life.

7. Now I don't know if this is wrong or right in the game but it seems to be wrong to me. Let me give Man Utd as an example when I manage them. Cristiano Ronaldo is wanted by alot of clubs, now when a club like Chelsea or Inter make a bid and I reject it why does the player get upset about it? Should he? Should he know about it that a club made an offer for him? Shouldn't this deal be kept between both parties and not affect the player? Shouldn't I as manager be dealing this with Ronaldo's agent? Shouldn't his agent report to me from the club that made an offer etc. Now it can get out but only through the media, this does not get reflected like this in the game, very annoying.

I have a few more things which I can't remember at the moment but will post them when I can remember what they are.

Point number 7 is something I cannot stress enough to SI that needs to be improved because it really is frustrating. I've had this happen many times to my star players and they become unsettled so easily.

The whole player interaction thing needs to be revamped in my opinion, it definately has major flaws that make this game very frustrating and ridiculous at times. I could list a few examples that I'm sure everyone has come across.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Riza:

Point number 7 is something I cannot stress enough to SI that needs to be improved because it really is frustrating. I've had this happen many times to my star players and they become unsettled so easily.

The whole player interaction thing needs to be revamped in my opinion, it definately has major flaws that make this game very frustrating and ridiculous at times. I could list a few examples that I'm sure everyone has come across. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree with you, its frustrating that the club makes a offer for your player like that and the player gets affected but even more when the same club does it like 4 or 5 times and many more times, they should get the point once you say 'NO'?

8. Another point. Contracts of more than 2 years should be added, don't know if it is more or not but from what I have seen its 2 years only, maybe 5 years should be offered when the board really want to have you for a long time to come and think a commitment is needed especially if they see you as a successful manager...a new Alex Ferguson icon_smile.gif

9. Sorry another. I know this isn't added in the game but I have seen this in very rare occasions in real life, I think Alex Ferguson may have gone through this to get Wayne Rooney.

Ok lets say your team (especially a big club) need a player who could really benefit the club but you don't have the budget, you should be able to approach the board and tell them the situation, now I know this is a idea which is out of the blue but I believe this can happen and has happened in real life, especially if a manager is considered to be known what he is doing and the board also feel the player is too good to miss out on, I think the board may have seen that Rooney at his age was a MUST BUY player, Manchester definetely didn't want a top European team to snatch him so they pulled up the cash, I don't think Ferguson had the money at the time to spend that much on a player so he went to the Chairman.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

9. Sorry another. I know this isn't added in the game but I have seen this in very rare occasions in real life, I think Alex Ferguson may have gone through this to get Wayne Rooney.

Ok lets say your team (especially a big club) need a player who could really benefit the club but you don't have the budget, you should be able to approach the board and tell them the situation, now I know this is a idea which is out of the blue but I believe this can happen and has happened in real life, especially if a manager is considered to be known what he is doing and the board also feel the player is too good to miss out on, I think the board may have seen that Rooney at his age was a MUST BUY player, Manchester definetely didn't want a top European team to snatch him so they pulled up the cash, I don't think Ferguson had the money at the time to spend that much on a player so he went to the Chairman. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. It's annoying when you're only a few million dollars short and can't buy a player. I think there should be more flexibility in terms of asking for enough transfer money to buy the player, especially if you're proven to have some success at the club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rancer890:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

Ok lets say your team (especially a big club) need a player who could really benefit the club but you don't have the budget, you should be able to approach the board and tell them the situation, now I know this is a idea which is out of the blue but I believe this can happen and has happened in real life, especially if a manager is considered to be known what he is doing and the board also feel the player is too good to miss out on, I think the board may have seen that Rooney at his age was a MUST BUY player, Manchester definetely didn't want a top European team to snatch him so they pulled up the cash, I don't think Ferguson had the money at the time to spend that much on a player so he went to the Chairman. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. It's annoying when you're only a few million dollars short and can't buy a player. I think there should be more flexibility in terms of asking for enough transfer money to buy the player, especially if you're proven to have some success at the club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks...only when your proven yourself to the club is what I meant. Come on people I need more feedback with these great ideas icon_biggrin.gif

I totally agree with you, its frustrating that the club makes a offer for your player like that and the player gets affected but even more when the same club does it like 4 or 5 times and many more times, they should get the point once you say 'NO'? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree as well. I had van Persie, Fabregas and Toure all turn on me because I wouldn't entertain offers from Chelsea(!), Barca and Inter.

10. I just remembered another one. This is to improve the realism of scouting. Ok lets say you need a player for your team, so lets say you need a striker, now instead of searching yourself you can tell you scout to do this for you, Man Utd's scout do this for Ferguson. When your scout does do a search he doesn't do it like it how they do it in the game at the moment, they do it more like in real life.

The scout would take the following into account on the clubs circumstances and what you require...

Is the player interested?

Can the club meet the players wages?

Is he better than your current strikers or similar or lose to as good as your current strikers?...you tell you scout what you need.

Is he capable of scoring 'this many' goals a season? If not how many is he capable of scoring in each competition.

Stuff like that etc.

Now the scout will not come up with one striker but many if there is that many, he will rule out all strikers that are not buyable or cost more than you can afford, so basically this is used when you need a player quickly.

You can do a search for players yourself if you need a player for a position for a future occasion but still can use this method.

But not forgetting that the ability of the scout depends on who he reccommends, the better the scout the more accurate he will be on his predictions on what the player can achieve at the club.

10. I just remembered another one. This is to improve the realism of scouting. Ok lets say you need a player for your team, so lets say you need a striker, now instead of searching yourself you can tell you scout to do this for you, Man Utd's scout do this for Ferguson. When your scout does do a search he doesn't do it like it how they do it in the game at the moment, they do it more like in real life.

The scout would take the following into account on the clubs circumstances and what you require...

Is he better than your current strikers or similar or lose to as good as your current strikers?...you tell you scout what you need.

Is he capable of scoring 'this many' goals a season? If not how many is he capable of scoring in each competition.

Stuff like that etc.

Now the scout will not come up with one striker but many if there is that many, he will rule out all strikers that are not buyable or cost more than you can afford, so basically this is used when you need a player quickly.

You can do a search for players yourself if you need a player for a position for a future occasion but still can use this method.

But not forgetting that the ability of the scout depends on who he reccommends, the better the scout the more accurate he will be on his predictions on what the player can achieve at the club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this i have suggested in my earlier thread,but they werent a bit happy

anyways the other things i do agree with

Stuff like that etc.

But not forgetting that the ability of the scout depends on who he reccommends, the better the scout the more accurate he will be on his predictions on what the player can achieve at the club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe the scouts already do all those things if you take the time to look at the scouting report. It tells you whether the player is better or worse than the best player in the same position in your squad. It tells you the wage range he'll accept (you can even specify the scout's search for certain wage). It tells you if the player would even be interested in joining your club. It tells you the approximate price you should expect to pay. The only thing he can't tell you is how many goals he'll score (if it's a striker).

Also, the scout report does depend on the scout's ability.

From the list, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, & 7 get mentioned almost daily in their own posts.

4, in its own way is mentioned constantly too. It's to do with reputation. Man U can finish 15th three years running but will still have a better rep than Leeds despite finishing 1st or 2nd three years running and winning the Uefa cup.

Additional points, 8 & 10 have been mentioned over and over; 9 is another way to improve transfers (but there are so many variables in real life that they will never all be added to FM).

Re scouting, people seem to want scouts to be psychic and interrogate the other clubs' boards regarding how much they'll accept for a player. The system is very flawed as it is, but to make it too easy for gamers would take a lot of the enjoyment out of this feature. If you want to know all this about scouted players, you can get Mini Scout for free.

Overall, I agree with what you say. Hopefully SI have see all the other posts on these subjects and have taken them on board to tweak FM09.

Backpackant's right, most of these get mentioned daily. However, I was slightly pleased reading this as I open the thread expecting it to be yet more tripe from the FM grumblers but most of your points I find irritating too icon_smile.gif I have faith in Si to get them sorted for FM09 though.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe. The whole confidence thing needs some work overall I think.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure all players don't deteriate at the same time. I've seen players begin to decline from about 29 through to 33. This is fair enough I think - although Sheringham and Maldini have played on until 40 (or thereabouts) they are certainly no longer at their peak.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably needs some work, Chairmen are too keen to accept modest amounts for promising youngsters.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sponsors I think are linked to the club's reputation already. Youth players are set based on the club's facilities, not on the club's success which is fine - some small club's still produce top young players despite not being a top club. Look at the likes of West Ham and Middlesbrough.

IRL, Liverpool haven't won the league for nearly 20 years, and I don't think their reputation has fallen too far.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Players are rated at their value, which is correct. It is another matter at what price they AI will sell them for. There's no such thing as 'not for sale', every player has a price.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps there were no clubs interested in the player when he signed the new deal, so he thought interest had ended in him. Then once a club re-enters the race to sign him he wants out again. Not completely out of the ordinary.

7. Now I don't know if this is wrong or right in the game but it seems to be wrong to me. Let me give Man Utd as an example when I manage them. Cristiano Ronaldo is wanted by alot of clubs, now when a club like Chelsea or Inter make a bid and I reject it why does the player get upset about it? Should he? Should he know about it that a club made an offer for him? Shouldn't this deal be kept between both parties and not affect the player? Shouldn't I as manager be dealing this with Ronaldo's agent? Shouldn't his agent report to me from the club that made an offer etc. Now it can get out but only through the media, this does not get reflected like this in the game, very annoying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd imagine the player will know if a club make an offer for him. At least the bidding club could choose to make the offer public to try to unsettle him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

8. Another point. Contracts of more than 2 years should be added, don't know if it is more or not but from what I have seen its 2 years only, maybe 5 years should be offered when the board really want to have you for a long time to come and think a commitment is needed especially if they see you as a successful manager...a new Alex Ferguson Smile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a 4 year contract at the moment, so it is possible icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

You can already re-adjust your budget to move money from wages to transfers and vice-versa. You can also ask the board for extra funds as well. I doubt that you should be able to spend money you don't have - you just have to make the best use of your budget.

For example, you need £20m to buy a player, but only have £18m transfer funds. You can move some from your wage budget if you have it spare to cover it. If not you can't afford the player, simple as that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">10. I just remembered another one. This is to improve the realism of scouting. Ok lets say you need a player for your team, so lets say you need a striker, now instead of searching yourself you can tell you scout to do this for you, Man Utd's scout do this for Ferguson. When your scout does do a search he doesn't do it like it how they do it in the game at the moment, they do it more like in real life.

Is he capable of scoring 'this many' goals a season? If not how many is he capable of scoring in each competition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why should they only scout players who are interested? The player may become interested at a later date, so it's always useful to already have the report on him.

The scout already tells you how much he thinks he'll cost and what wages he will require, it's up to you to decide if you can afford him at the present time.

His star rating will tell you if he's as good as or better than your current crop of players - below 4 stars he's worse, 4 stars he's around the same, above 4 stars he's better.

How can the scout know how mant goals he can score in a season? A ridiculous suggestion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KK2003:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe. The whole confidence thing needs some work overall I think.

Good to see you agree with this one.

Originally posted by Navie:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure all players don't deteriate at the same time. I've seen players begin to decline from about 29 through to 33. This is fair enough I think - although Sheringham and Maldini have played on until 40 (or thereabouts) they are certainly no longer at their peak.

I disagree because Shermingham still played in the premier ship since he was like 35, but really a player only loses his physical skills in real life rather than technical and mental skills.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably needs some work, Chairmen are too keen to accept modest amounts for promising youngsters.

I've said this before...they are businessmen so selling any good players for a silly price does not make sense.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sponsors I think are linked to the club's reputation already. Youth players are set based on the club's facilities, not on the club's success which is fine - some small club's still produce top young players despite not being a top club. Look at the likes of West Ham and Middlesbrough.

IRL, Liverpool haven't won the league for nearly 20 years, and I don't think their reputation has fallen too far.

Ok it may not be falling reputation for bigger clubs then but in the game look at lower teams, for example conference...their reputation, sponsors do not get better.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Players are rated at their value, which is correct. It is another matter at what price they AI will sell them for. There's no such thing as 'not for sale', every player has a price.

I agree with you but I still feel that a player needs to have another price which sets them apart from their valuation, a valuation is just that but a club may not agree to that price when bidded on, also 'Not for sale' means exactly that...either that or a price.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps there were no clubs interested in the player when he signed the new deal, so he thought interest had ended in him. Then once a club re-enters the race to sign him he wants out again. Not completely out of the ordinary.

Not out of the ordinary? I totally disagree with you here. Lets me say...if a player is unhappy he must realise that he can leave on a free, I know if he gets happy later that may be due to him enjoying his football but I reckon at the end of the season in real life he will still feel unsettled because...he should know that the only reason the other club is now not intereted is because his current club won't accept the bidding clubs offer. So he should think...to keep their interest I shouldn't sign another contract so my club will sell me before my contract runs out.

7. Now I don't know if this is wrong or right in the game but it seems to be wrong to me. Let me give Man Utd as an example when I manage them. Cristiano Ronaldo is wanted by alot of clubs, now when a club like Chelsea or Inter make a bid and I reject it why does the player get upset about it? Should he? Should he know about it that a club made an offer for him? Shouldn't this deal be kept between both parties and not affect the player? Shouldn't I as manager be dealing this with Ronaldo's agent? Shouldn't his agent report to me from the club that made an offer etc. Now it can get out but only through the media, this does not get reflected like this in the game, very annoying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd imagine the player will know if a club make an offer for him. At least the bidding club could choose to make the offer public to try to unsettle him.

Yes I agree with you there but you missed out something...the club with the player doesn't have to reply to their bid and also I don't think the player will be very interested in the other club anyway if they did that unless they are a club not in the same league as the bidding club. For example...why would Ronaldo want to move to Inter or Barcelona? They both play in the CL and England is the best league in the world, I can't see that happening in real life. It would make sense if Ronaldo played for like a mid table premier league side.

8. Another point. Contracts of more than 2 years should be added, don't know if it is more or not but from what I have seen its 2 years only, maybe 5 years should be offered when the board really want to have you for a long time to come and think a commitment is needed especially if they see you as a successful manager...a new Alex Ferguson Smile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a 4 year contract at the moment, so it is possible icon_smile.gif

I didn't see one icon_biggrin.gif

You can already re-adjust your budget to move money from wages to transfers and vice-versa. You can also ask the board for extra funds as well. I doubt that you should be able to spend money you don't have - you just have to make the best use of your budget.

For example, you need £20m to buy a player, but only have £18m transfer funds. You can move some from your wage budget if you have it spare to cover it. If not you can't afford the player, simple as that.

I understand what your saying but i'm talking here about rare occasions, something to make the club bankrupt, Man Utd can recover them costs easy so it does make sense for them to do that. I know alot of people won't agree with me on here with this.

Is he capable of scoring 'this many' goals a season? If not how many is he capable of scoring in each competition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why should they only scout players who are interested? The player may become interested at a later date, so it's always useful to already have the report on him.

The scout already tells you how much he thinks he'll cost and what wages he will require, it's up to you to decide if you can afford him at the present time.

His star rating will tell you if he's as good as or better than your current crop of players - below 4 stars he's worse, 4 stars he's around the same, above 4 stars he's better.

How can the scout know how mant goals he can score in a season? A ridiculous suggestion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not ridiculous, this is like a quick solution to finding a player in less than a week and midding for him, normally you do the scouting and listen to your scouts which takes time, maybe it is a ridiculous idea but I thought it could be useful.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I disagree because Shermingham still played in the premier ship since he was like 35, but really a player only loses his physical skills in real life rather than technical and mental skills. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Physical stats are the main onces affected on the game through old age. Mental/technical stats don't change as quickly.

Sheringham was still playing in the Premiership but he was still below his peak - at his peak he was playing for Spurs and Man United in title winning sides, and towards the end of his career he had dropped down to play for the likes of West Ham (no disrespect meant for them).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ok it may not be falling reputation for bigger clubs then but in the game look at lower teams, for example conference...their reputation, sponsors do not get better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely if they get promoted then their reputation will increase? Sponsors definately change as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I agree with you but I still feel that a player needs to have another price which sets them apart from their valuation, a valuation is just that but a club may not agree to that price when bidded on, also 'Not for sale' means exactly that...either that or a price.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Players do have another price - the amount which their club will accept for them - but that shouldn't be visible, because it wouldn't be common knowledge. You would only find it out by asking the club (and this happens currently).

Again 'not for sale' doesn't exist (either IRL or in the game). Clubs may say their players aren't for sale but you can guarentee every player can be bought for the right amount, be it £1m or £100m.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not out of the ordinary? I totally disagree with you here. Lets me say...if a player is unhappy he must realise that he can leave on a free, I know if he gets happy later that may be due to him enjoying his football but I reckon at the end of the season in real life he will still feel unsettled because...he should know that the only reason the other club is now not intereted is because his current club won't accept the bidding clubs offer. So he should think...to keep their interest I shouldn't sign another contract so my club will sell me before my contract runs out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just giving an example of something that may happen, I'm not saying that it did. However, what you've given is a single example of 1 player agreeing a new contract and then becoming unhappy again. This could have been down to a number of reasons, and doesn't happen all the time, so it's difficult to say what went on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes I agree with you there but you missed out something...the club with the player doesn't have to reply to their bid and also I don't think the player will be very interested in the other club anyway if they did that unless they are a club not in the same league as the bidding club. For example...why would Ronaldo want to move to Inter or Barcelona? They both play in the CL and England is the best league in the world, I can't see that happening in real life. It would make sense if Ronaldo played for like a mid table premier league side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why wouldn't Ronaldo want to move to Inter or Barcelona? It's widely reported that one day Ronaldo would like to try his luck in Spain with Real Madrid, there's no reason why he wouldn't look to a move to another big club on the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not ridiculous, this is like a quick solution to finding a player in less than a week and midding for him, normally you do the scouting and listen to your scouts which takes time, maybe it is a ridiculous idea but I thought it could be useful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But how can a scout know (or even guess) as to how many goals a player can score in a season? It's an impossible thing to judge.

10. I just remembered another one. This is to improve the realism of scouting.............now the scout will not come up with one striker but many if there is that many, he will rule out all strikers that are not buyable or cost more than you can afford, so basically this is used when you need a player quickly.

This function is already in the game, when I set my scouts an assignment I can tell him that I'm really after a Defender who is no older that xx years of age & IIRC is of a particular nationality among other things.

When you set the assignment you just need to select the conditions tab to fine tune the scouts task.

8. Another point. Contracts of more than 2 years should be added, don't know if it is more or not but from what I have seen its 2 years only, maybe 5 years should be offered when the board really want to have you for a long time to come and think a commitment is needed especially if they see you as a successful manager...a new Alex Ferguson icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a contract with Arsenal for 4 or 5 years, i have been with the club for about 10 or 11 seasons.

point 9: Im sure all West Ham bosses current and past have had to beg the board for money to sign particular players and pretty sure it happens with lots of clubs.

Archived