[PSP] Wage Budget

Hi everybody,

I'm playing a game with Benfica and I currently on season 2027/2028, I've won like 12 championships out of 18 possible(I'm on the way to the 13th, it will be the 4th consecutive, I've already won 6 in a row once), won 6 league cups, and 8 national cups, 13 Supercups, one world club cup, 2 european supercups and two champions leagues, but still, my maximum wage won't go up, I'm stuck with 36.4k€ maximum wage (though in some cases I can go up to 55k if I'm renewing with an important player) Is this supposed to be like this, or oes my game have any sort o problem, I can't get it why the wage maximum won't go up, I can't never aspire too high because of these, the only way I had to make a world class team was to hire young players, between 15 and 21, and loan them until they 22, so they can develop into excelent players, in my current game almost every top player passed by Benfica, but I was unable to keep them for long.

I tried to change my clubs reputation, and then started a new game, but yet I have the same problem, players don't want to come to benfica, and i can't offer them more than 34.6k€.

Another thing, I can't make offers over 14k for players who cost less than 14k or 14k, why is that?

This is a major problem in the game for me. Even after promotion to the premeirship you still dont always get decent wages. Atleast last year you could use sugar daddy and it increased your transfer and wage budget but this year its just transfers. It means you can never really make a small team into a big team. I am sure this is yet another bug in the 2010 version and hope like all the other bugs it is fixed for 2011 game.

This is a major problem in the game for me. Even after promotion to the premeirship you still dont always get decent wages. Atleast last year you could use sugar daddy and it increased your transfer and wage budget but this year its just transfers. It means you can never really make a small team into a big team. I am sure this is yet another bug in the 2010 version and hope like all the other bugs it is fixed for 2011 game.

With sugar daddy i manage to raise both the transfer and wage budget, but my problem isn't the wage budget, is the maximum wage i can offer, my maximum wage never changes and that's what sucks.

• SI Staff
With sugar daddy i manage to raise both the transfer and wage budget, but my problem isn't the wage budget, is the maximum wage i can offer, my maximum wage never changes and that's what sucks.

I've tuned this side of things a fair bit for the iPhone game and its something which I'll continue to look at and improve as we develop FMH/FMHi 2011 ..

I've tuned this side of things a fair bit for the iPhone game and its something which I'll continue to look at and improve as we develop FMH/FMHi 2011 ..

Great, I'm looking foward for FMH 11, also don't forget about the 14k maximum bid, it is a real pain in the ass when trying to buy younger players.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a wage cap of 10k, managed to bring in players at a total of 11k. Released 2 players costing £1050 but team summaries still says im spending 11k??? Can someone explain, and elaborate on the 14k issue so I can understand it as I am playing lower leagues at present and havent encountered it yet.

• SI Staff
I have a wage cap of 10k, managed to bring in players at a total of 11k. Released 2 players costing £1050 but team summaries still says im spending 11k??? Can someone explain, and elaborate on the 14k issue so I can understand it as I am playing lower leagues at present and havent encountered it yet.

I'll check into the displayed figure - it might be 'rounding' related (as most figures in the game are rounded as displaying $1000 is nicer to peoples eyes and easier on their brains than $992.50).

The 14k issue was only present in some currencies and was a but in incrementing past that value (and is now rectified).

This makes this game completely unplayable. I literally cannot sign anyone to play for Oxford United (whom I've taken up to the championship league). I have to use fake players to even fill out a match. Totally worthless. The individual wage budget should go up when you get promoted. I can only offer $6.4K to any player!! And players are signing with lower league teams for less than that after they "snub Oxford". This is BS.

• SI Staff

tylerazevedo

What version of the game are you using? - also please bear in mind that $6.4k isn't actually unrealistic if you've just come up to the Championship and are expected to head back down, Brighton could only offer around that when we were in that division.

(I'll look into players 'snubbing' your team to see whats going on there)

If you do survive you'll likely see it rise next season as the board gain confidence that you might stick around at that level.

Well my individual wage budget went up to $11.5 per match. The only problem is I still cannot sign a GK. Literally no GK's will play for me. I've tried to sign GK's from League 2 making $300 a match with a transfer value of $2K. Nope. I have to get a GK on loan to avoid using fake players. The only GK I was able to get to accept a contract is this awesome 17 year old GK that I got on a free transfer. The only problem with him is he cannot get a work permit. So the only GK I have been able to negotiate with can't get a work permit. Seriously? This is a little bit ridiculous.

Archived