PDA

View Full Version : Injuries before cup finals.

BathPalace
06-07-2010, 23:57
Just out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed that one or more of their big-name players tend to get injured before cup finals and other big matches?

I've now got to the point that when I reach a final I expect one of my first-team regulars to be injured and the infernal "x won't be able to play in the final" message to come up. It wouldn't be so bad but I have a striker (my best player) who has a completely umblemished injury record - except for missing a Champions league final, an FA cup final and another Champions League final. By the third season I'd even started resting him before the end of the season.

I love FM and I don't want to knock it but it's beginning to feel that it is forcing injuries on me to try and make the game more dramatic or something.

stemlfc
07-07-2010, 00:09
I highly doubt it's something in the game.

Try rotating more leading up to the finals or resting players. I don't know what else to suggest really. It must be annoying. It happens though in football I'm afraid.

jod123
07-07-2010, 00:12
I never noticed this tbh. You are either very unlucky, not managing your players correctly (overtraining/overplaying and tiring them out) or are just experiencing the human tendency to only remember the times when things go against you. :D