Can you run FM10 on a Netbook and what sort of spec would you need?

I've seen skins recently for Netbooks which makes me wonder if you can run Football Manager on a Netbook. I didn't think they'd be anywhere near powerful enough to run the game. If it is possible great, could someone point me in the direction of one. Been thinking about getting a netbook for a while for computing on the move and it'd be great if it could play FM.

I played a management game many years ago that had a picture/photo of a mock 'back page' of a newspaer with headlines like "Utd sign Messi for £100m" or "City sell Silva to clear debts" or "Liverpool appoint Player X as manager". It was daft and pointless but fun :p

I don't run the 3D engine on my big Quad-Core Desktop so thats not really an issue for me. I only use the commentary option. I was looking at a Samsung Netbook the X120

1.3GHZ Dual Core Intel Processor, 3GB Ram, Intel GMA 4500M HD Graphics. http://www.ebuyer.com/product/176512

I Figure that should run it at a basic level just so I can play. I only ever run one league when I play anyways.

Systemkrav (PC)

Minimum:

Processor: Supported processers include Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core, and AMD Athlon. 1.4 GHz or faster required when running Windows XP, 2.0 GHz or faster required when running Windows Vista or 7

Memory: 512 MB RAM when running Windows XP, 1.0 GB RAM when running Windows Vista

Graphics: 128 MB video card with the following supported chipsets: Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater. Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.

DirectX: Version 9.0c (included)

Hard Drive: 2 GB free space

LAN: TCP/IP compliant

Input: Keyboard, mouse

Systemkrav (MAC)

Processor: Intel Mac

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Graphics: NVidia Geforce 7300 GT / ATI X1600 Radeon

Hard Drive: 2GB free space

Other Requirements:

I played a management game many years ago that had a picture/photo of a mock 'back page' of a newspaer with headlines like "Utd sign Messi for £100m" or "City sell Silva to clear debts" or "Liverpool appoint Player X as manager". It was daft and pointless but fun :p

where did this bit come from?

How much cheaper are netbooks than laptops?

Might as well just get a laptop if FM s gonna be a bit part of its use.

I don't want a Laptop as they are quite big for lugging around on my travels. I used to have a portable DVD player for use when I'm away in strange places holed up in Hotels. I figured a Netbook would be similar size, so I can sling it in my suitholder or wash bag etc, it'd allow me to do much more, play all my media and if it could play Football Manager that would be a massive bonus. Stop my boredom.

No problem at all, go for it.

I have an ASUS-1005HA and a MSI-U123 both with Atom N280 and 2Gb. Works very well including 3D. Get the netbook skin and steam if you don't have a CD.

At home you can even attach your monitor (24").

I have a laptop with an AMD Sempron processor (2.1 GHz) and 1 GB. I doesn't run THAT bad, but it's horribly slow on days like early FA Cup Stages or World Cup Qualification Stages, but I understand that

Archived