They were looking for beta testers a while back, but the requirements were pretty stringent, like living in London (or close enough to commute), good record of helpfulness on the site, etc.

While I'm not saying you'd be ineligible, the fact that the thread detailing the requirements (and giving the link) is gone leads me to suspect that SI have enough beta testers atm.

Your best option here is to PM one of the SI guys on the forum, like Miles, and let them know.

Well, I'm sure the demo will become available before the actual release of the game. This can serve as a beta as well, since there will be threads like this one, which will enable feedback.

Well, I'm sure the demo will become available before the actual release of the game. This can serve as a beta as well, since there will be threads like this one, which will enable feedback.

The demo has been gold for the last few years, so there will be no changes made due to thing found out by a mass playtest of the demo, except maybe on 10.1 (though that's usually a new database/bugs easier to patch than fix in vanilla).

Archived