PDA

View Full Version : Vote: Feedback on the forum skin: Old vs New

JackDavies
06-07-2010, 18:10
I realise its only just become available, but i'd like to get a true sense of the communitys opinion on the latest forum update.

My motives being, that I personally really dislike it, and this seems to be the general concensus. If this is infact a majority opinion, perhaps we may see a return to the old

ronaldo_rooney
06-07-2010, 18:15
If this is infact a majority opinion, perhaps we may see a return to the old

I think the phrase "If it ain't broke dont fix it" comes to mind

N^G
06-07-2010, 18:18
Having a widescreen monitor, fixed width website templates arent what they used to be, but its ok I suppose

Mattyboy89
I like the new skin. Its new and fresh. Just what this forum needed in my opinion. Maybe the option, to revert back to the old skin should be available.

BenArsenal
I understand they can't actually go back to the old one (cos it isn't supported anymore), but at least give us something usable, instead of this rubbish.

samb_95
06-07-2010, 18:19
Anyone who picks the new skin is obviously blind, lol

Mattyboy89
06-07-2010, 18:21
I see nothing wrong with it. Bare in mind, it is only a forum.

samb_95
06-07-2010, 18:22
There was nothing wrong with the old version whatsoever, so why go and change it?

It is a disgrace

ArsenalFan7
06-07-2010, 18:23
It's alright.

I just have to get usest to it...

It'll feel normal soon enough and I'll start to love it in time.

Gypsum
06-07-2010, 18:23
Everybody always hates any forum upgrade. And then when the next upgrade comes, the same people complain because the previous upgrade was so good, etc, etc. The previous forum was extremely outdated, having some new software can only be a good thing. It'll just take some getting used to.

Fabio MVP
06-07-2010, 18:24
I see nothing wrong with it. Bare in mind, it is only a forum.

Well just beacause it's forum it should be nice to watch it. And not like this. :thdn:

Old skin all the way.

samb_95
06-07-2010, 18:24
Trust me, Ill never say that this skin is good.

The sooner it gets changed again, the better, cos I doubt it can be worse than this.

ArsenalFan7
06-07-2010, 18:26
Trust me, Ill never say that this skin is good.

The sooner it gets changed again, the better, cos I doubt it can be worse than this.

Will see about that in the future then.

I love some of the new upgrades though such as being able to reply to a quote without having to load to an advanced replying system also some much more better smilies and it's alot more modern which is always a good thing

BenArsenal
06-07-2010, 18:26
Everybody always hates any forum upgrade. And then when the next upgrade comes, the same people complain because the previous upgrade was so good, etc, etc. The previous forum was extremely outdated, having some new software can only be a good thing. It'll just take some getting used to.

If this skin was even remotely as usable as the last one, I couldn't care less about the colour scheme.

The beauty of the previous one was that it was simple and intuitive to use. This one has links positioned all over the place. It's a horrid mess.

bridport_pouncer
06-07-2010, 18:45
Yes, I quite agree with you. However the problems arise when we're confronted not with some smart, sleek, new software but an abomination of a skin which not only wastes a huge amount of space but causes users' eyes to ache, is nigh on unnavigable and just generally looks very scruffy.

JackDavies
06-07-2010, 18:58
80% currently prefering the old. Is it safe to say thats a majority?

Orion Dean
06-07-2010, 19:04
Why ask this after only 1 day? People aren't even used to the new skin yet, -.-

tomtuck01
06-07-2010, 19:05
This is awful, will put me off using the form.

Koki
06-07-2010, 19:06
I voted for the new skin. Right now it's kind of confusing but I know that I will like it better than the old skin in no time.

ism-scfc
06-07-2010, 19:08
Some people are going over the top here

It's not terrible at all, It's just not as good as the old one was.

Chalky1989
06-07-2010, 19:12
It'll take a bit of getting used to, but I think the new one is OK. I do prefer the old one at the moment.

wandsfan93
06-07-2010, 19:13
Doesn't work on AOL, get huge chunks out of place and the text doesn't fit. http://img693.imageshack.us/f/newforuml.jpg/

robertcornell68
06-07-2010, 19:13
At first glance, :thdn: much too bright, but I might get used to it.

Ask me again in a couple of days.

DOHIOUFHFOIHOG
06-07-2010, 19:20
I like to have my firefox browser not fully maximised, this forum is perfect for it now :) If you think its too bright, turn your brightness down, it's just a simple button press :thup:

Masterstroke
06-07-2010, 19:41
Stop complaning and just enjoy the forum

Geez man

ANDEHLSON
06-07-2010, 19:42
The previous forum was extremely outdated, having some new software can only be a good thing. It'll just take some getting used to.

But what comes with that software? The only new thing I see are these stupid smilies... :| And obviously the color which we should be able to change imo...

Rista
06-07-2010, 19:44
Just like the in game skin, too much white! Seems that skin making isn't one of SI's strengths :D The smilies are awful too. Not that I'm bothered with it, it's only a forum...

Nordmore
06-07-2010, 19:47
I liked it give it some time and all the skeptical will dont care any more

dafuge
06-07-2010, 19:50
It is a bit bright, but I think I could get used to that. The big grey bars either side of the forum are a big issue for me though.

s33r
06-07-2010, 19:51
Personally I like it and at the same time I didn't mind the last one either. It's a forum at the end of the day and as long as I can still post and engage in the community I mind very little what it looks like.

HarryMills
06-07-2010, 19:54
It's so much harder to read and look through the thread list. Why make something smaller and harder to look at?

Dregganor
06-07-2010, 19:57
There's nothing wrong with the new one. I don't see why there's so many complaints.

FM_Spurs
06-07-2010, 19:58
i prefer the older skin but give it time i might like this one just as much.

george-4
06-07-2010, 20:22
I like the new skin,its better than the old one.:thup:
It's gonna get some time till I totally get used to it but I can't see the reason there are so many complaints.

StevoRobbo
06-07-2010, 20:30
Now im really not happy. What a load of crap. YOU STILL GET LOGGED OUT WHEN YOU ARE INACTIVE FOR 10 MINUTES.

Heres an idea. You want feedback? Listen to the feedback! Why change something that didnt need to be changed yet the simple things that would make people's lives a lot easier are not implemented. Typical.

Why has SI got an obsession with polish this past year. They say you can't polish a turd. Im afraid this polish has turned this into a turd.

Im sure there is enough feedback now to know that we dont want this. Will it be acted upon?

Please change the function that logs you out every time you go for a crap. None of the other forums I use seem to do this. A totaly useless function and a waste of everybodies time.

And another thing. I tried to submit and guess what? It wouldnt let me post because ive logged in again but in a different window. This never happened with the previous layout. Once you logged back in, the other pages would simply carry on as normal.

Good job I copied my text before I tried to post because to be honest, I was expecting some kind of ****-up. It didnt disappoint

-lewis-16-
06-07-2010, 20:36
The thing that irritates me most is the most is the rigid edges on each side, which ruins any post with screenshots in them.
Not sure if it's just my screen or my browser but it just doesn't work.

And also it's not letting me use img tags anymore for some reason.

Other than that I actually quite like the colours and sleekness. Saying that though, not sure the old one really warranted a change.

SCIAG
06-07-2010, 20:39
Given that the "point" of the upgrade was to make posts stand out more (as well as improving integration with social networks etc., which has led to us having a Twitter feed at the top), I think it has failed. Less posts fit on a page, and the columns on the left containing usernames and so on are wider, reducing the room for posts.

Themer
06-07-2010, 20:42
Really don't like the upgrade. There was nothing wrong with it as it was but that doesn't mean it should change. It just should have been changed like this. Why is it so narrow!?!?

.matt
06-07-2010, 20:43
Old one was a great lay-out but I'm already starting to get used to this one. Everything will be fine in a few weeks.

wandsfan93
06-07-2010, 20:47
All those that say there's nothing wrong with it, this does not look like a professional forum, it looks like something from a bored teenager: http://img693.imageshack.us/f/newforuml.jpg/

s33r
06-07-2010, 21:08
Now im really not happy. What a load of crap. YOU STILL GET LOGGED OUT WHEN YOU ARE INACTIVE FOR 10 MINUTES.

Not sure whether it's browser specific but I'm still logged in and I've been idle for well over 10mins, you sure it's nothing your end?

StevoRobbo
06-07-2010, 21:40
Not sure whether it's browser specific but I'm still logged in and I've been idle for well over 10mins, you sure it's nothing your end?

No its definately the site. A few people have also said the same thing in the past. I currently use firefox but it is the same on IE aswell.

It may be more than 10 minutes, maybe 15-20 but thats not the point. You should not be logged out. No other forum I use does this.

MonkeyMadness
06-07-2010, 21:45
Ive been lurking for a bit before this came in, but tis pretty horrible. Grey bits down the side, no differences in link colour between visited threads and unvisited threads.....its a long list of dislikes with this.

dankrzyz
06-07-2010, 21:47
There is way too much blank space... I get 4 lines of text per screen length. The light background makes everything look like it's floating in emptiness, not tied to a header or thread.

Almondo
06-07-2010, 21:54
The amount of blank space on the forums now is really off putting. Also the grey bars down the side are distracting

ArsenalFan7
06-07-2010, 21:55
After a an hour or two of looking at the skin I finally really like it.

Prefer it to that crap looking old one

DivineOne
06-07-2010, 21:56
Way harder to read, too much blank space, don't like it at all.

mdbussen
06-07-2010, 21:56
There is way too much blank space... I get 4 lines of text per screen length. The light background makes everything look like it's floating in emptiness, not tied to a header or thread.

This. It seems that the "minimum" size of an individual post is like 10 rows of text for some reason and anytime somebody types less than this there is tons of whitespace? Plus images embedded in a post get stretched out beyond the edge of the "post window" which looks quite ugly!

I'm sure we'll get used to it but it would be nice to have some optional settings so people could configure it to display as they would like...

DivineOne
06-07-2010, 21:57
Btw, where's user cp?

Neji
06-07-2010, 22:00
Btw, where's user cp?

Click Settings in the header.

Ernest166
06-07-2010, 22:00
I think we all have to get used to it,i don't like it as well but give it a shot.

brambleten
06-07-2010, 22:17
I need to get used to it, although i dont like the way screenshots seem just to stick out of the side of the post now rather than being fully enclosed by it.

Swindon69
06-07-2010, 22:26
Too white - totally bland, harsh on the eye. Looks like it's been knocked off by a teenager in his bedroom.

Tullem
06-07-2010, 22:58
so we can't now embed pictures into the forums we have to use links?
not good :thdn:

Jay1992
06-07-2010, 23:01
This isn't very good from SI's part.

They should of asked the users if they want a change.

Awful new theme. :(

ArsenalFan7
06-07-2010, 23:32
so we can't now embed pictures into the forums we have to use links?
not good :thdn:

What do you mean?

You can still post pictures onto threads without links

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/mediawiki/a/a9/Example.jpg

oh

it turned into a link?

mmitch19
06-07-2010, 23:37
At the moment I prefer the old skin due to the loss of screen estate and it's too white for my liking. I think however it would be fairer to ask this question in a month, when we've had a chance to get used to it.

Suzie MUFC
06-07-2010, 23:45
This is going to sound incredibly ironic, but it's too bright and hurts my eyes. I like the layout, but the one thing the old skin had that's better was the colour scheme, whereas this is pure white, and I'm already getting a headache. :(

jod123
07-07-2010, 00:07
The old skin was better imo. When I saw this for the first time earlier this evening, I thought it was hideous. I won't go that far now as I now find a bit more usable as I have begun to find my way around it. Certainly I don't think is anywhere near an improvement over the old skin though as far as I am concerned anyway so I would have preferred it still have the old skin.

stemlfc
07-07-2010, 00:11
I like it, but I think it's a tad too bright. Especially as I'm prone to doing all-nighters and it'll hurt my eyes eventually. Maybe if they could tone it down a bit, I'd like it more.

pera_detlic
07-07-2010, 00:12
old one is better

Stuyvesant
Don't like it. Too much space is wasted. I guess because of visiting these forums over the years it kinda gets a "feel" to it that you get used to, which I liked tbh.

grade
For me just adjustment on color scheme of the forum and should be fine.

I think the area where is announced new patches and so on is quite big, but is matter of getting use.

Brian Shanahan
07-07-2010, 00:24
My problems include the not changing colour thing for threads you've already visited (though it's not huge), the fact that the text I'm typing in now is tiny, and the forum just messed up a quote in mylast post.

If it is true that all pics are now links thats very bad. Also the shiny new smileys need a lot more smileys to be anything more than a gimmick. Unless the usability of the forum can be improved (massively) this upgrade has been a failure.

Whirlwind
07-07-2010, 01:11
I've been on forums that went through changes like this and it just takes a bit of getting used to. I just feel however that the clarity on the old one was better, and I miss the feature where I could see a preview of the first line if I did a mouseover on a thread.

Fabio MVP
07-07-2010, 01:32
Does anyone have some screenshots of the old Forums? :( I wanna look at them. :(

SFraser
07-07-2010, 01:33
Given that the "point" of the upgrade was to make posts stand out more (as well as improving integration with social networks etc., which has led to us having a Twitter feed at the top), I think it has failed. Less posts fit on a page, and the columns on the left containing usernames and so on are wider, reducing the room for posts.

They need to seriously get rid of this idea of social networking and all other periphery websites. Did you see how bad the "World Cup Players to Watch" list was? Not far off watching the CM demo of the new "Set Piece" creator.

There is quite a trend of "fail" and "media" springing up about this company recently. They only just completely reset FML and are now harking far and wide about updates to the 3-D match engine.

I have long been criticised for being an SI fanboy. If current SI trends continue then that reputation wont, I can assure you.

Maybe this new layout was a way to get such prolific and wordy and image using people like me to bugger off. Can't have people like that around while they swap superficial appearance for actual content.

jod123
07-07-2010, 01:34
I've been on forums that went through changes like this and it just takes a bit of getting used to. I just feel however that the clarity on the old one was better, and I miss the feature where I could see a preview of the first line if I did a mouseover on a thread.

Unless I am misunderstanding you, that feature is still here.

MrSlav
07-07-2010, 02:30
Yeah, I don't really like the fixed width thing but you're going to get used to the new look after a while. People are just naturally opposed to change, just give it time guys.

andre17
07-07-2010, 04:51
too much blank space, and takes FOREVER to load.

fuzzrab
07-07-2010, 07:09
I am still not liking this i came on around 12pm (Australian time) to have a look and didnt like the feel of the change. i decided to log off and come back on before i go home (at work at the moment) to see if i had a better liking for it. I have to say though that i probably like it even less now.

I could probably get used to the small text when you type and the masses of blank space i guess but it is definately far too bright for me. I can actually feel myself getting a headache the longer i browse the site. Also it seems a lot harder to find things but that might just be because its a new layout and i am generally slow to adapt to new layouts.

khriztian
07-07-2010, 07:26
Old because this one is too clear making it annoying to the eyes. Please make a dark skin version too.

Tullem
07-07-2010, 09:52
oh

it turned into a link?

my point exactly ;)

Balthazars
07-07-2010, 09:57
I'm not opposed to change, and recognise that this was required due to the forum software that these forums rely on, but to be honest, there are several formatting issues with this new layout that are simply not as good as with the old skin.

I am also personally not a fan of white-background pages (and similarly disliked the shift to that type of formatting with FM itself) as they are very difficult on the eyes, particularly on widescreen monitors.

PhroX
07-07-2010, 11:14
I don't mind the new colour scheme, but the fixed width frame is horrendous. About half the screen is wasted.

GillsMan
07-07-2010, 11:27
I think the phrase "If it ain't broke dont fix it" comes to mind
Not particularly relevant when it comes to websites tbh.

POMPEY657
07-07-2010, 11:29
1, Its far too bright! It actually ends up hurting my eyes after two minutes of reading, please change the white to an off white, or even cream!

2, Browsing this forum on a widescreen monitor just looks nasty now, why waste half the screen with emptyness?

Super Bladesman
07-07-2010, 11:29
Having been viewing the new skin for a while now, it's really starting to grow on me. :thup:

If it's hurting your eyes, you've probably set the brightness on your monitor to high. It's not even white for me...

CmBeginner
07-07-2010, 11:35
Sorry for saying, prefered the old one. :(

JackDavies
07-07-2010, 12:46
If it's hurting your eyes, you've probably set the brightness on your monitor to high. It's not even white for me...

Are you for real?

chopper99
07-07-2010, 12:58
Not particularly relevant when it comes to websites tbh.

Why's that then? What important new functionality does this upgrade provide that the old forum was crying out for?

I'm struggling to see a single improvement myself.

rancer890
07-07-2010, 13:14
This skin is not very good on the eyes. :(

The thread starters name is like right beneath the thread title, and pretty hard to see. And someone already mentioned the blank spaces that you see in widescreen.

And don't get me started on the new smilies...

StormenDK
07-07-2010, 13:22
I don't mind forum upgrades so much ... it is usually a matter of getting used to new layouts and functions.

But I really don't see the need for the new bright white skin. It hurts my eyes. Also having the grey bars seems so ... 90s. Just a huge waste of space in my browser window (and I don't even run it in full-screen), and it makes screenshots look weird.

Kepp the new functionality, but change the skin and layout.

_Chief_
07-07-2010, 13:23
Several, several, I mean several steps backwards. SLOW, so slow, try to use the scrollbar. White all over. Confusing, where does one post start or end ? SLOW, slow, sluggishly slow, have you used the scrollbar to go up ?

The Lambs
07-07-2010, 13:32
Works fine for me and I like it.

dankrzyz
07-07-2010, 15:57
When I first loaded up FM10, with its default skin, it was an eye-straining whiteout like this... hence the quick and permanent move to the black/dark skin. Never looked back.

AB-forever
07-07-2010, 16:03
Way too much wasted space and it really bugs me that links that I've clicked on have the same colour as those I haven't clicked on. Any post with a screenshot in it looks ugly and it's annoying that you can't jump straight to another forum from the bottom of a thread.

The white colour doesn't bother me at all though.

ArsenalFan7
07-07-2010, 16:50
I don't get what is so bad about the new smilies.

At least they got rid of that queer old green :D smiley...

Tullem
07-07-2010, 17:47
i dont like that it's harder to telll what are new posts when you are skimming a page, given that there is a fairly dark bluey/gray sheet icon at the top of every post and the ones in the bar at the top are that colour if new or white if old, was much easier when new posts had a yellow icon.

SCIAG
07-07-2010, 18:07
They need to seriously get rid of this idea of social networking and all other periphery websites. Did you see how bad the "World Cup Players to Watch" list was? Not far off watching the CM demo of the new "Set Piece" creator.

I can understand the stuff on the Mirror's website, no matter how awful it is, because they're getting paid for it. I'm not a fan of having the Twitter feed at the top of the page, and things like the Facebook competition are maybe taking it too far.

But using FM attributes (six months out of date) to seriously represent a real life player and judge his impact on a match? Really?

dking
07-07-2010, 18:16
Jesus christ, I don't use facebook or bloody ******* yet I'm beginning to feel like I'm being press ganged into it by some of the forums I use.

This new look is awful on so many levels. I have absolutely nothing positive to say about it!

How long before mods and devs stop posting on here and just use *******? I've seen it happen in other forums.

Prank Emperor
07-07-2010, 18:23
Anyone who picks the new skin is obviously blind, lol

Wow! Thats so nice of you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just because someone is against what you like does not mean they are blind. Get mature mate.

Completely agree with you. It always happens.

As for me I love the new look. Its fresh and clean.

This design has Anderson written over it. Am I right?

baker.simon
07-07-2010, 18:43
I think at the minute it is onbvioulsy very new, and as such will take time to get used to and to iron out any complaints/problem, much as is the case with FM.

It is different, and I don't like it yet, but I could get used to it if it was tinkered with. The main problems I find are;

- It is too bright, in my opinion anyway, especially considering a lot of us FM players are dark lurkers :D

- The text in the quick reply box is far far too small for my eyes to comprehend better.

If those two intial points could be addressed then I see no reason to not like it. It's change, and people generally don't like change.

markyosullivan
07-07-2010, 19:05
IMO it needed to be changed. Was getting fed up of seeing the same old design for forums. Avatars are needed along with sigs!!!

StevoRobbo
07-07-2010, 19:09
IMO it needed to be changed. Was getting fed up of seeing the same old design for forums. Avatars are needed along with sigs!!!

No they are not. They clog up the forums and make it load slower. Its loading slow enough as it is without any more crap adding to it

DOHIOUFHFOIHOG
07-07-2010, 19:13
Small text? Try zooming in.
Too bright? Turn brightness down, you also might save some energy and *prevent an apocalypse due to global warming (*results may vary)

edgar555
07-07-2010, 19:15

Why are they? StevoRobbo's point about speed is one good point not to have them. Can you give me one good reason why they should be allowed? What would your signature be? What difference would it make? They are pointless and on the forums that I see them they are just used to boast about one thing or another (usually how good their PC is). Waste of time, space and effort.

Brian Shanahan
07-07-2010, 20:02
Why are they? StevoRobbo's point about speed is one good point not to have them. Can you give me one good reason why they should be allowed? What would your signature be? What difference would it make? They are pointless and on the forums that I see them they are just used to boast about one thing or another (usually how good their PC is). Waste of time, space and effort.

Because then I'd be able to put up a picture of my boobs as my avatar.

obviously as they're man-boobs I'm being sarcastic.Though I wouldn't mind a sig, it'd allow me to make more of a fool of myself.

pnefc22
07-07-2010, 20:05

Avatars are terrible, you're an idiot for wanting them. And, you can have signatures....but I'm not telling you how because they are very annoying and again, pointless.

NepentheZ
07-07-2010, 20:06
Old Skin is better, at the moment. They have fixes coming, that will make this kin nice, though.

daniellewis_789
07-07-2010, 21:44
i prefer the old skin but the this new skin is ok, just alot of space wasted i feel

Graham FM
07-07-2010, 22:23
prefer the old skin

dirtyscarab
07-07-2010, 23:02
It has the smell of 'web 2.'0 about it (which is a horrid phrase!)

Erm, most of us FM lot are bluff old traditionalists - stuck in our ways + afraid of change... Luddites essentially. My initial thought was arrghh! What's happened?
But we'll get over it, as we did with the new FM2010 skin.

I daresay I'll love it eventually, but for now it's 'nice' :D

dirtyscarab
07-07-2010, 23:07
"Doesn't work on AOL, get huge chunks out of place and the text doesn't fit. http://img693.imageshack.us/f/newforuml.jpg/"

To be fair though - aol just doesn't have the market share of web browsers. You should be using Chrome or Firefox.
As a web designer, just the thought of someone viewing something I made on aol gives me the shivers. :D

Whirlwind
08-07-2010, 01:15
Unless I am misunderstanding you, that feature is still here.

:p Strange... could have sworn the mouseover thing didn't work yesterday.

Lower Leagues Rule
08-07-2010, 06:19
I like the look of this skin better, but some of the functionality of the old skin has gone.

Falahk
08-07-2010, 07:25
to many pictures overlap (now its nolonger possible to fit a regular sized photobucket screen shoot on the forum, they stick out way on the right and dont fit in, so you have to side scroll to look at every screen), thread layout of old threads is messed up much due to this, so yeah new layout is way to congested and centered

celebritykiller
08-07-2010, 19:54
Skin is far too white, almost unusable for me at present. I really can't get to grips with it...

voidex
10-07-2010, 13:07
Too bright for meee eyes..... >_<

JackDavies
14-07-2010, 00:07
It also runs incredibly slowly :S

oranjeman
14-07-2010, 09:06
new skin.... the old one was outdated and boring

Racatte
23-08-2010, 21:32
Why don't we have the choice between a bright and a dark skin ? This one makes me have headaches after some minutes here...

Fabio MVP
20-09-2010, 21:09
Did skin just changed a bit for everyone or is just me?

Nottingham Forest
20-09-2010, 21:10
Did skin just changed a bit for everyone or is just me?

Its just changed for me.

Neji
20-09-2010, 21:11
It's changed, I'd just gotten used to the other one :(

turn it in
20-09-2010, 21:13
And me. Don't like it, change it back!

Hershie
20-09-2010, 21:16
Down with this sort of thing. :(

Standard liege!
20-09-2010, 21:19
Grr another change! I quite like it when I'm in a thread, but wen I go through the list it seems too squished together.

lf_my_dream
20-09-2010, 21:21
I much prefer this new one to the last one for sure.

vinsinaty
20-09-2010, 21:23
I much prefer this one :), even though colours are definitely not SI's main strength :s

either and or
20-09-2010, 21:23
The colours aren't very nice :/

endtime
20-09-2010, 21:26
Whatever you did, it's not showing up properly in Chrome :(

Fabio MVP
20-09-2010, 21:28
In IE neither.

Suzie MUFC
20-09-2010, 21:31
Changed for me aswell. Not showing properly either for me, and I'm using the latest version of Firefox.

slipknot67
20-09-2010, 21:33

I'm on Chrome as well...have a huge blue rectangle at the top of the page and writing all jumbled and on top of each other, seems to me every change made is worse than the last...was nothing at all wrong with the old layout imo.:thdn:

Fabio MVP
20-09-2010, 21:35
I'm on Chrome as well...have a huge blue rectangle at the top of the page and writing all jumbled and on top of each other, seems to me every change made is worse than the last...was nothing at all wrong with the old layout imo.:thdn:
It's similar for me too. Anyway, I think it doesn't shows properly. Am using newest version of IE. Though TBH I like this skin now the way it is. Better then last one. :thup:

Suzie MUFC
20-09-2010, 21:37
On the plus side, it seems to be loading quicker.

Fabio MVP
20-09-2010, 21:38
On the plus side, it seems to be loading quicker.
I think that too. Maybe because of this they set a forum downtime in two days so they sort this out.

SCIAG
20-09-2010, 21:48
The forum downtime better be to make it so that I log in properly.

This skin looks far better, there are the obvious problems though.

celebritykiller
20-09-2010, 23:35
Prefer this to the last 2 new ones, but the original for me is still a winner

iliketurtles
21-09-2010, 00:08
Before this update, I was debating on making a thread asking if this is actually the official forum. Text was everywhere, everything was muddled, the search button was hidden in a random place on the page.

This is a millions times better, and a billion times quicker, but the search button, while actually viewable now, is still a bit too obscure.

Other than that, it's a Godsend. Relatively speaking.

Now to deal with the community and mod behaviour.

Richey
21-09-2010, 00:09
I'm so confused.

chopper99
21-09-2010, 09:21
Before this update, I was debating on making a thread asking if this is actually the official forum. Text was everywhere, everything was muddled, the search button was hidden in a random place on the page.

This is a millions times better, and a billion times quicker, but the search button, while actually viewable now, is still a bit too obscure.

Other than that, it's a Godsend. Relatively speaking.

Now to deal with the community and mod behaviour.

That quite a judgement on your part after just one day on here.

Alias by any chance?

DivineOne
21-09-2010, 10:40
I think this is better then it was (when it's completely finished off course)

George_Spurs
21-09-2010, 10:41
The new design doesn't work in google chrome, it looks rather dodgy.

DivineOne
21-09-2010, 10:56
The new design doesn't work in google chrome, it looks rather dodgy.

I'm sure they're still working on it.

walsh
21-09-2010, 10:58
this one is far better than the last.

Vic Taylor
21-09-2010, 11:19
My biggest complaint is the huge lag when typing out posts. Other than that it looks all right, is no longer blinding and everything looks neater.

Richard76
21-09-2010, 11:45
The old skin was so much better. I've hardly been on here since it changed.

Born2killzone
21-09-2010, 11:47
Much better the old way.

Grecian_03
21-09-2010, 12:57
I didn't think they could make it even worse :eek:

iliketurtles
21-09-2010, 13:39
That quite a judgement on your part after just one day on here.

Alias by any chance?

Maye it's just reputation that's come to light recently on the football/forum scene. :o