I.T Project need infomation(Help)

I am starting an I.T A2 unit of a video game and seeing as though I know alot about football manager I decided to pick football manager 2010 for the p.c. I was wondering If I could come to this forum and ask for infomation like for example

does sega itself create and develop the match engine/graphics?

What advertising methods do football manager use e.g. where have you seen the game advertised?

I apreciate all your help

Eh no, SI Games are the developers. It used to be published by Eidos (when it was still the old Championship Manager series) and then there was a split, and now Sega publish it (and own SI Games I think).

The match engine is perhaps it's own development 'entity' if you like, under the auspices of one of the Collyer brothers (the original founders of SI) but it all comes under SI Games.

• 2 months later...
Ok a few more things, you know the sounds in FM like match sounds when u score the crowd cheers e.t.c, are they recorded in actual football games or computer made?
They are computer made, which probably explains why they sound awful....

I would imagine it's recorded and resampled down (i.e. volume changes and stuff). There's no point creating a sound from scratch using a computer (this is hard) when the SI staff can go to a microphone and cheer very loudly, and modifying the sound to sound like a crowd...

Like most games, they will likely have a catalogue of sounds in the game for various things, like boos and cheers, and they will record/create variants of the sound for variety.

Archived