But I picked YOU!

I select a player to take my free kicks but instead of taking them he lays off other players, this is extremely annoying as the player I picked, Matias Fernandez, is awesome at free kicks and he scores 1 in 3.

Is this a common problem? Can I do anything about it?

I select a player to take my free kicks but instead of taking them he lays off other players, this is extremely annoying as the player I picked, Matias Fernandez, is awesome at free kicks and he scores 1 in 3.

Is this a common problem? Can I do anything about it?

You can't do anything about it.

IRL the same thing happens. Players sometimes will argue about it maybe even one will just take it without the selected player or manager being aware he is going to. happened a couple weeks ago in the EPL (can't remember who it was)

Make sure that you haven't set anyone as.....

-stand with taker.

Sorry. Had to go and see what it was worded as.

Other than that, decision will also have an impact on whether he follows your instructions and I suppose some of the hidden stats such as.... Sorry, can't think what any of them are off the top of my head.

I've had the same problem and it's more of an issue with me because my GK takes my free-kicks. If he tees someone up and the shot is charged down I am deeo in the poo icon_frown.gif.

just because you pick someone to tack a free kick doesn't mean you expect them to shoot every time.

for some reason yesterday though my first choice penalty taker didn't take the pen. even though he was on the pitch.

this is the first time its ever happened as usually i have

1. gerrard

2.riise

3.babel

gerrard was on pitch, riise took it and missed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

riise took it and missed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So Riise can miss the goal.

*evil grin*

If the real United team were playing in FM, then the CF of the attacking players would be set to top, yet Ronaldo always shoots from his free kicks. My FKer is ace, but this season he hasnt scored one as he keeps laying off! I think this is anothr overlooked bug of which there seem to be more in 08 than in 07. Please dont let FM get like PES icon_frown.gif

if anything i think the reason ronaldos done so well his season IRL is because hes been directed (thus lowering his creativity level) more by Sir Alex to just get down to the business of scoring and winning matches - im sure if ronaldo was left to his own devices on the pitch you'd see him running around with the ball by himself rather like he used to early on in his career

the opta stats say sebastian larsson of birmingham is the best free-kick taker in the league, more accurate and a better goals:shots ratio.

yeah its annoying but best advice is mentioned already

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

just because you pick someone to tack a free kick doesn't mean you expect them to shoot every time.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why can't I? I'm the manager. If I want someone to shoot from a certain area everytime I should be able to tell them.

Archived