And people say this game aint realistic...

Why wasn't the game called off? He had 6 men on the pitch after the final sending off so the game should have been abandoned?

Oh aye, failed to notice that. Been drinking though, so have a readily available excuse ;)

OP: I would have a shufti through the Bugs Forum if I were you :thup:

One of those legitimate times when you can say: It's your tactics!

Seriously though did you not think of telling your players to tackle easier, sub off people on yellow cards and so on. I mean really you had 4 men sent off and given away two penalties before they even equalised, there is definitely something you could have done.

Yeah this game is so unrealistic, the other day a player hand balled on the line with the 2nd from last kick of the game. The player was sent off awarding the attacking team and underdogs a pen with the last kick of the game. They missed and then ended up loosing in a penalty shoot-out.

Now when the heck would something like that ever happen IRL.....Oh wait IT DID.

Football is as unpredictable in game and in real life.

In my game yesterday the opposition team conceded 4 own goals in a 8 goal drubbing (it was Aus vs Thailand or something).

Whats the record for the most amount of own goals in one game? surely i'd have to be close to it (fm2007 by the way).

One of those legitimate times when you can say: It's your tactics!

Seriously though did you not think of telling your players to tackle easier, sub off people on yellow cards and so on. I mean really you had 4 men sent off and given away two penalties before they even equalised, there is definitely something you could have done.

One of those legitimate times? Practicaly every complaint someone has about a result is because of their tactics.

=============================================

Regardless i switched to a new tactic i found in the tactics section for my new Rangers career and initialy it was very heavy handed with tackles, 7 red cards and 30-40 yellows in just over 2 months (most of the time i never have a player red carded and my team earns about 30-40 yellows all season).

But i found that warning them for their first sending off and then fining them 1 weeks wages for a second red soon taught them to behave.

I also sub any yellow carded players when i get the chance in the 2nd half, better safe than sorry.

As a result in my second season so far with that tactic my teams only earned 24 yellows in 22 games with not a single red card so far, and that is with the exact same hard tackling instructions.

Yea one of my midfielders collects yellow cards like they're pokemon cards, gotta catch 'em all. It's ok though, because if he gets booked and looks like he's after that shiny charizard to complete his collection I sub him.

Also: Pro tip. If players get booked in first half and motivation is "fired up", set tackling to hard, closing down whole pitch and touchline shout get stuck in.

I would imagine that out of all of the seasons played per "version" per player that someone somewhere is eventually going to get 5 red cards in a match.

Think how many matches the average human player goes through in a real life season, times the number of human players. It's inevitable that the utterly absurd is going to happen, and possibly fairly often.

Archived