Team to Manage ?

Load a summer league as well as any other leagues you like so that you can start the game up in February, then holiday through to the end of UK season 1. Take one of the teams promoted into the BSS or BSN and see what you can do with them! I'm currently trying this with Maidstone united.

Werder Bremen

Was in a similar position myself with the game. Was getting bored with the same teams all the time and the only reason I took the Bremen job is because I wanted to manage Ozil. Don't fancy Bremen. Pick your favourite player from this World Cup and manage the club he currently plays for.

Hope that helps.

Bayer Leverkusen.

Loads of good youngsters, a great scouting setup, excellent youth facilities and only a mid table finish expected. I'm currently 4th in March after a couple of good signings and a few sales to help the balance.

Try North Queensland Fury in the A-League.

The club's struggling IRL and its future is under a cloud.

And in FM2010, they have over a third of their player wages taken up by one player - Robbie Fowler - who is, judging by what he's done in my matches, well past his best.

If you can take that club to financial and on-field success, you either know all the exploits, or you're good at this game.

i often try a team thats big in its division so the expectation is promotion. no chance to rest easy and then the challenge of survival when you move up a bit. so maybe the likes of bradford, luton, livingston.

Finding myself in a similar situation a couple of weeks ago I put the game on 'holiday,' waited until I had reached the latter stage of the season and had a gander at what scenarios took my fancy. In my case I picked Newcastle - struggling to qualify for promotion automatically, due to visit Arsenal in the FA Cup 6th round and massive potential to do better. In the end we had to do it the hard way and earn promotion via the play offs while we managed to beat Arsenal en route to an FA Cup final appearence that would ensure we'd be playing in Europe the next season.

I'm now in my third season and still going strong - it may well be my favorite game of FM 2010 so far in fact.

started unemployed, went on holiday until Christmas and was approached by Huddersfield who were slacking in 15th place and just fired their manager. I took the job on and we are closing in on the end of the season in 6th place. With some luck ill make promotion through playoffs.

First time ive tried a lower rep club and i highly recommend this way of playing.. watching expenditure/income, scouting kids for under 100k, uncovering gems.. a breathe of fresh air from the usual big money stuff.

Archived