New Forum Skin - Official Feedback Thread

• Administrators

Hi All,

I am delighted to announce that we are giving these forums a long overdue lick of paint.

I’m sure you’ll like it too and appreciated the improve aesthetics and design.

The challenge we laid down to ourselves was to create something that felt fresh and vibrant and that had better consistency throughout. We really wanted to make the focus of the forums on the posts you create and make the quality of your content stand out.

So we have cleaned things up and reduced the clutter as well as integrated some of the social networking sites that we work with and we are really pleased with what we have come up with.

But we haven’t thrown every concept away – you’ll still find popular areas such as FML, FM or OTF have their own look and feel, just so you know where you are when you’re browsing and posting.

So – when is this coming? It’s coming tomorrow and to prepare you for the new look, you can get a sneak peek of it here:

Forum Preview 1

Forum Preview 2

Our research team have actually been testing the new design for many weeks now on their private forums, but as ever, we look forward to hearing your feedback once it’s up and running, so feel free to post here.

Cheers,

The Sports Interactive Team

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't a "pick the skin you prefer" type thing?

I feel like if you could let people pick between them, you'd get less complaints. Something about the new skin is bugging me, I'm just not sure what it is.

The screenshots lack content, so it doesn't do the new look and feel proper justice.

Wait and see tomorrow and you might be surprised. I'm certainly looking forward to the switchover because in my opinion, the new design is a lot better and usable than the tired one we have right now.

The screenshots lack content, so it doesn't do the new look and feel proper justice.

Wait and see tomorrow and you might be surprised. I'm certainly looking forward to the switchover because in my opinion, the new design is a lot better and usable than the tired one we have right now.

Any new powers for us ;)?

And is the forum going to be down? If yes, can we sneak in and have a party?

Any new powers for us ;)?

And is the forum going to be down? If yes, can we sneak in and have a party?

Yes you get to fly and wear your underpants over your trousers. Also you now have both heat- and meat-vision.

But the downside is that you are now vulnerable to Kryptonite.

Yes you get to fly and wear your underpants over your trousers. Also you now have both heat- and meat-vision.

But the downside is that you are now vulnerable to Kryptonite.

Actually we already have heat-vision. Excited about the underpants bit though :thup:.

I think it looks very nice. It's always nice to get a refreshing new look. I always do this myself with my FM game. I am forever changing the skin every couple of weeks to keep the game looking fresh. Nice job SI.

Any date for this changeover?

It's not going to mess up the old posts like the last changeover did?

IIRC, the last changeover was from one forum software to another, hence the balls up with the posts and usernames. Think this is just part of a vBulletin update, so all should be OK

Are we going to be able to keep the current skin?

I love the current skin as the vast majority of the screen is given to displaying posts, and as a result they take up a small amount of vertical space and you get a lot of posts visible on your screen at any one time.

Gotta say, if you don't give us the option of choosing the current one then I for one will be very dissappointed.

Are we going to be able to keep the current skin?

I love the current skin as the vast majority of the screen is given to displaying posts, and as a result they take up a small amount of vertical space and you get a lot of posts visible on your screen at any one time.

Gotta say, if you don't give us the option of choosing the current one then I for one will be very dissappointed.

If SI are upgrading to the next version of vBulletin, this skin may not be available so it may not be possible without a load of extra work.

It looks ok, I'll make up my mind when I use it.

Looks good to me.

If there is a vote about avatars/signatures etc, can I put myself down as a no. Nothign more annoying than some lamo's 'quirky' graphic thing bleeping all over the screen along with 98 lines on every detail of their super PC. As if we care.

Are the forums going to be down during the changeover period?

Also, just Google'd the "Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet", quite an interesting read on Wiki about it.

Pain itself. I hope that's not a sign :D

Header's a bit too big for my liking, here's two alternatives I mocked up:

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/6019/21035953.png

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/7374/64376464.png

It also means the logo is the first thing seen, and doesn't disrupt the natural flow of the reader's reading.

White space left in deliberately to highlight the amount of space saved which is always a plus.

Archived