What Are "Freds"?

It's just another name for Newgen, rarely used these days. Have a feeling SI may use the name internally?

SI still uses the 'newgens' term. I read that here on Forum couple of days ago. I think Neil Brock said it...

And what would they be?

Neps is again another word for a newgen, after one of the members of the forum called them that or something :confused:..

I dont know the history behind it, but its one of the guys on the forum's name for them, named after, of course, himself.

Please correct me someone if im wrong, cause im not 100% :thup:

Neps is again another word for a newgen, after one of the members of the forum called them that or something :confused:..

I dont know the history behind it, but its one of the guys on the forum's name for them, named after, of course, himself.

Please correct me someone if im wrong, cause im not 100% :thup:

You're right. :thup: It was NepentheZ. :D

I've seen them mentioned with Newgens & Regens.Does anyone know what they are?

FWIW:

Regen- a player is reincarnated with a new name- eg Les Ferdinand coming back as Roberto Carlos Le Tissier, an English striker with the same attributes that Les Ferdinand had. Obsolete a long time ago.

Newgen- much like the regen system, except David Beckham would "come back" as a rubbish Swiss centre back, for example.

FRED- players no longer "come back", and new player creation is no longer linked to player retirement. This is far more realistic and unpredictable.

FWIW:

Regen- a player is reincarnated with a new name- eg Les Ferdinand coming back as Roberto Carlos Le Tissier, an English striker with the same attributes that Les Ferdinand had. Obsolete a long time ago.

Newgen- much like the regen system, except David Beckham would "come back" as a rubbish Swiss centre back, for example.

FRED- players no longer "come back", and new player creation is no longer linked to player retirement. This is far more realistic and unpredictable.

You always say that example. :D

Archived