Sick and Tired

I am getting sick and tired of having a 1 goal lead or a tie game go into injury time and have the injury time go 2,3,4 minutes over the said time and then give up a goal. This has now happened 4 times in my current season (which is 11 games old). I'm sick of the AI having 2 or 3 shots on target up until injury time and then they get 3 or 4 on target which go in.

To me this seems highly improbable to happen just to me. With my team in 3 seasons I believe I've won this way once. Totally ****es me off.

I am getting sick and tired of having a 1 goal lead or a tie game go into injury time and have the injury time go 2,3,4 minutes over the said time and then give up a goal. This has now happened 4 times in my current season (which is 11 games old). I'm sick of the AI having 2 or 3 shots on target up until injury time and then they get 3 or 4 on target which go in.

To me this seems highly improbable to happen just to me. With my team in 3 seasons I believe I've won this way once. Totally ****es me off.

The injury time shown is the "Minimum" that is to be played as is the way in RL whilst your inability to close out matches is partially down to your tactics I'm afraid.

Your opponent is behind and are pushing men forward with nothing to lose whilst you do nothing to counter this.

Yes, if it were my tactics as you say. Why am I in first place? My 2 losses this season were because of this. The other two, one was a tie in the season and one in the Norwegian cup. I won that match in ET.

The injury time shown is the "Minimum" that is to be played as is the way in RL whilst your inability to close out matches is partially down to your tactics I'm afraid.

Your opponent is behind and are pushing men forward with nothing to lose whilst you do nothing to counter this.

But I do use defensive tactics at near the end of the game. I almost always bring on a defensive sub as well for one of the tired players.

In my old save I played a very fast, attacking style. But that is rather hard to implement in Norway so I use a counter style now.

But IRL I almost never, ever see a game go 3, 4 or more minutes over the injury time shown. To me it seems it is happening 1 out of 2 games.

You can't be doing that badly to get annoyed so quickly as you are still 1st. Try some time wasting, rather than wasting everyone else's time.

Yes but it annoys me to no end to see my team play so hard for 90 minutes and then in + extra injury time to get only 1 point or even none.

But I do use defensive tactics at near the end of the game. I almost always bring on a defensive sub as well for one of the tired players.

In my old save I played a very fast, attacking style. But that is rather hard to implement in Norway so I use a counter style now.

Ok, well then you need to look closer at how/why these late goals are being scored.

Are the opposition simply better but haven't shown it/lacked motivation earlier in the match?

Were there individual errors from players? tired ones?

Do your team simply not defend very well? Going defensive may not help in this case.

Does your team try to keep possession too much losing the ball under pressure?

Where are the opposition getting shots and chances from? Are they overloading the same area all the time? or is there a gap in your defence they exploit?

You also have to consider that you've maybe just been slightly unlucky so far and that luck balances out over time.

The thing is, it seems my players dominate a majority of the game. I am averaging about possession 59% a game. I take more on target shots, although the AI take more shots (these being mostly long distance). I believe most of these late goals have come from long distance shots which hit the woodwork or get headed out and their player is on the rebound to put it back in. The last one I gave up the ball deflected off three of my players and the goal keeper dove and missed pretty badly (this was off a corner).

I don't believe the opposition are just better but don't show it. Motivation may be one of my problems. I always try to keep my players a bit ****ed off at me to kind of prove me wrong. Maybe thats part of the problem.

As far as my defenders ability. I have the best defender (central) in the Norwegian PL. Bought him for 3.5 mill from R.Madrid and he has been averaging 7.45 a game. My other DC and my DR are both Norwegian internationals. My DL is my weakest link, but at the beginning of this year I bought a regen that is looking fantastic. At 16 he is on the Norwegian U21 squad (and I am not the Norwegian manager).

Lets keep this on topic please guys-

takos-the swear filter doesnt like some of your comments so please cut them out.

Sorry 'bout that mate. Didn't mean to swear just upset at that time. :thup:

I remember when this usest to always happen to me.

Every game I would get last minute goals by the AI.

It has calmed down completely though now. I don't go quite as defensive at the end as I used to before... That always did seem to make the late goal rate increase.

If you've ever watched football you would realise that goals in injury time are part and parcel, it's what makes football great. Bet you don't complain when you win a game in the 7th minute of injury time...

Thats just the thing that bothers me with this. When I'm down late in the game, yes I have won and tied matches. But Ive never done it after the suggested time because it always ends within 4-5 seconds of what the stated time is. That was my point. The AI is scoring goals several minutes after the suggested end time. I watch plenty of football both American and Worldwide. Scoring goals in injury time is par for the course...but scoring them 4 minutes after the suggested end time isn't IMO.

Archived