Super keeper

Super keeper? or bad strikers?

Well 6.69 average rating suggests the team didn't play well while you have to look at tactics. Was it like banging your head against a wall?

I'll bet you kept the same tactics rather than trying to stretch the game by playing wider or drawing the opposition out of their set defensive positions.

Well 6.69 average rating suggests the team didn't play well while you have to look at tactics. Was it like banging your head against a wall?

I'll bet you kept the same tactics rather than trying to stretch the game by playing wider or drawing the opposition out of their set defensive positions.

I tried to push hard, and took out 2 FB, and went even more offensive.. I did try all I could, however I didnt play wider, however it's already 3 ticks up, maybe I should have increased the pace.

It sure happens too offen, and I havent been able to crack down the issues so far. Especially in knockout tournaments. They get the silly easy goal, and I gotta struggle like a maniac.

If the trend continues, France will be pleased with such a result in 2017...

Still on top, so no biggie, just annoying as hell.

Well been playing with auto roles for a good while, it kinda messed up after the patches, and I never had that old tactic working again. I've setup a new one, and will test some more. I do not discharge the fact that it could be the tactic, however, it was a little odd one way or another.

Ah, the myth of the SuperKeeper.

Everyone has had these games where you chuck the kitchen sink at a vastly inferior team, they have one chance and you come way having lost 0-1, or perhaps even drawn 1-1. It's the view of SI that games like this do happen in real life and if you play long enough you are bound to come across one or two of them. You get a combination of a keeper having a good day and an attack having a bad one and here is where you sometimes end up.

The SuperKeeper is, however, a myth.

Well been playing with auto roles for a good while, it kinda messed up after the patches, and I never had that old tactic working again. I've setup a new one, and will test some more. I do not discharge the fact that it could be the tactic, however, it was a little odd one way or another.

I'm glad you don't discharge it being the tactic, because that is exactly the problem. Think about how teams like this are set up and beaten in real life.

Cougar has already mentioned stretching the game with width, you'd also be well advised to slow it down and play keep ball, tire them out and look for gaps to exploit. A common mistake is throwing everything at them and increasing tempo, this plays into their hands and also results in your midfield and forwards being anxious and rushing into taking rubbish shots, usually from distance. Which is exactly whats happened to you.

Super keepers are a myth started by poor managers who blame the game rather than looking at why things like this have happened.

Well it's not that I don't win, well given I take a decent team, I do fair, last game ended up at around 1766 in hof ( think its in the early 2030's ). That said it was Juventus and real madrid, I hate real, but they had so much money, plus I had build up a decent wage, and didn't want take a cut. 42 trophies.

My biggest problem is that IM a lazy mofo. :p

Anyways I had some good luck changing the tactic, and actually the city crew I wrecking everything ATM. If France will win the WC, that's doubtful, I do run into these matches a lot in knockout tournaments. But it clearly helped making goals, so you could say, it would be of less importance if they get that lucky goal.

I in fact did think edgar555 that oh man not the tactic card again, even though deep down I already knew it.

Btw what makes you pick a captain, clearly influence, and probably decisions, but from my experience this isnt failsafe. I use the 5th in line for city ATM, and the choice fall back on the keeper, this is what I aim for most of the time.

It seems like the captain starts out playing like a playmaker, if a field player. Any opinions on that one?

Oh and I started to use the feedback, and close down opponents, usually I only did that for high risk games, that should help a bit as well.

Ill let you know if I win the WC. :p

Well it's not that I don't win, well given I take a decent team, I do fair, last game ended up at around 1766 in hof ( think its in the early 2030's ). That said it was Juventus and real madrid, I hate real, but they had so much money, plus I had build up a decent wage, and didn't want take a cut. 42 trophies.

My biggest problem is that IM a lazy mofo. :p

Anyways I had some good luck changing the tactic, and actually the city crew I wrecking everything ATM. If France will win the WC, that's doubtful, I do run into these matches a lot in knockout tournaments. But it clearly helped making goals, so you could say, it would be of less importance if they get that lucky goal.

I in fact did think edgar555 that oh man not the tactic card again, even though deep down I already knew it.

Btw what makes you pick a captain, clearly influence, and probably decisions, but from my experience this isnt failsafe. I use the 5th in line for city ATM, and the choice fall back on the keeper, this is what I aim for most of the time.

It seems like the captain starts out playing like a playmaker, if a field player. Any opinions on that one?

Oh and I started to use the feedback, and close down opponents, usually I only did that for high risk games, that should help a bit as well.

Ill let you know if I win the WC. :p

Influence and experience are the top 2 measures I use for picking captains. Experience = time at club/interntional caps as much as general experience.

Funny you should mention the captain as playmaker. My new captain is a deep lying playmaker and has just had the season of his life, as if the captaincy gave him new found drive. He was a proper captain marvel and dominated the pitch.

Good luck with the WC.

( think its in the early 2030's )

2037 to be exact.

Had a few years break though, thought I'd never get a new club again. It would be nice with more specific options when going on holliday and applying for a job meanwhile.

Like return if "this" club needs a manager.

I always look at Influence first, then Determinaton and Teamwork, then I check scout reports to see if they crumble in big matches. Sometimes I've picked a player with lowish Influence and then his Influence attribute increased a lot throughout the season.

Archived