transfer budgets

Hi, im a newbie and have just bought the game today, after trying out the lite version.

Im looking forward to playing it.

Two questions, is there a limit of how many seasons you can play to.

and second, what teams have the biggest transfer budgets?

Many thanks

• SI Staff
Hi, im a newbie and have just bought the game today, after trying out the lite version.

Cool welcome aboard - if you were enjoying your save from the 'Lite' version you can continue it in the full one in case you weren't aware.

1. Install the full version of the game.

2. Load up the lite version of the game.

3. Select 'Load Game'

4. Highlight the save game you want to export to the full version

5. Select 'Export'

6. There will now be a pause while your save game exports, you may see the lite and full application open and close during this period, don't panic its normal.

7. Once this completes you'll be left in the game again, but when you start up the Full version you'll find the save game from the 'Lite' version is present.

Two questions, is there a limit of how many seasons you can play to.

The full game is limited to 25 seasons of play in a single game at present.

and second, what teams have the biggest transfer budgets?

Same as you'd expect in real-life really, in England Man City and Chelsea I believe, abroad Real Madrid are normally a good bet :D

(if you do really well while playing then you can unlock the 'sugar daddy' option which will allow you to optionally place a 'sugar daddy' chairman at any club you start with incidentally)

Hope this helps,

Marc

PS - If you don't mind me asking ... you indicated you were a newbie, is that just to FM-iPhone or to management sims as a whole? ... also how did you get on with the game itself initially, anything you think could have been more intuitive for a newcomer?

Hi marc, thanks for ur reply.

I have been playing fm for the pc for a few years now, (since champ man 4 before you changed names) and have now only decided to buy the iphone version after a few weeks of thinking about it.

Its a really good idea to have the lite version, as im sure there would be many like me that will have bought the full version after sampling the lite version.

Also im getting more used to the game now, i think the controls can be a bit fiddly because of the touch screen. Also maybe for the new people, there should be a little introduction or like an 'fm advisor' like for the pc version.

Also the manual could do with a few more screen shots for the newbies.

Archived