Surely this is an oversight?

I have not posted in a long time,having a lot of fun with the game but I can not recall ever having a build up of fixture's like I have now.

I have been playing football manager game since 97/98 but this has really knocked me for 6,on my Everton save I kept seeing my game's being pushed back because of either my involvement in competition's or the team I was playing being involved in a competition.

I got worried when I seen other team's had played either 30 or 31 game's and I had only played 23!

I knew I was going to have a build up of game's but never expected it to be so bad,my calendar for my last 14 game's,including semi final of the Europa league and semi final of the FA cup(which I lost due to playing a 2nd string team)means I am playing a game every 2.3 days,this would never ever happen,I have to basically play 14 games in 1 month.

It would seem there is a problem here,can you imagine a manager putting up with that in real life?

has anyone else had a problem like this?

Or indeed are the dev's aware of this and plan to sort it out for the next release?

well, can u put up a screenshot please? As, personally, i find this very hard to believe. However, I have had it were in one save with man Utd I had 4 games extra to play compared to everyone else towards the end of the season. Thats the closest i have ever been to being behind in games

Not sure what I would have to gain from making this up but I have never done screenshots from this game so I have no idea where to find them in the directory.

I have loaded up a couple of the saves I have from this save a done "print screen" but as I said not sure where to find them so I can host them.

My guess is this is just a very rare freak set of circumstances and since it is an AI not human scheduling the games have to be fitted in before the season end date so when it reaches a certain point you end up with fixtures like that.

This is the worst fixture pile-up I have ever seen, but this was back in FM05 and in Iceland so I guess no-one cares about the Icelandic league!!

Check out ManU's fixtures for Apr-May 09:

Apr. '09 STATUS Home SCORE Away ATT. Competition 
Sun. 5  FT  Manchester United 3 - 2 Aston Villa 75,409 English Premier League 
Tue. 7  FT  Manchester United 2 - 2 FC Porto 74,517 UEFA Champions League 
Sat. 11  FT  Sunderland 1 - 2 Manchester United 45,408 English Premier League 
Wed. 15  FT  FC Porto 0 - 1 Manchester United 50,000 UEFA Champions League 
Sun. 19  FT-Pens  Manchester United 0 - 0 Everton 88,141 English FA Cup 
Wed. 22  FT  Manchester United 2 - 0 Portsmouth 74,895 English Premier League 
Sat. 25  FT  Manchester United 5 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur 75,458 English Premier League 
Wed. 29  FT  Manchester United 1 - 0 Arsenal 74,733 UEFA Champions League 
May. '09 STATUS Home SCORE Away ATT. Competition 
Sat. 2  FT  Middlesbrough 0 - 2 Manchester United 33,767 English Premier League 
Tue. 5  FT  Arsenal 1 - 3 Manchester United  UEFA Champions League 
Sun. 10  FT  Manchester United 2 - 0 Manchester City 75,464 English Premier League 
Wed. 13  FT  Wigan Athletic 1 - 2 Manchester United 21,286 English Premier League 
Sat. 16  FT  Manchester United 0 - 0 Arsenal 75,468 English Premier League 
Sun. 24  FT  Hull City 0 - 1 Manchester United 24,945 English Premier League 
Wed. 27  FT  Barcelona 2 - 0 Manchester United 72,700 UEFA Champions League 

That's 15 in the last 2 months, 1 more than yours...unless you win the EURO Semi, than you'll have the final, and you'll both have 15.

There uis no doubt that if you are successful in all competitions, your fixtures can be horrendous at the season end. I am not sure if there is anything that can be done and I doubt that it is a glitch, but more a circumstance of your success.

Wow, having 7 games in hand is something I haven't seen before as well... :eek:

I don't know what competitions you are in, but I assume that looking at your fixtures there will be a good reason for all those postponements. If on top of your busy schedule postponements due to snow or clashes with cup replays apply, then I can imagine how bad it can become...

Archived