Is it me or is this a little weird?

Just played my 2nd game in the Europa League, a 2-2 draw with Galatasaray. Can anybody explain to me why I'm not top of the league?

I have a + 2 Goal difference and Galatasaray have a + 1. I presume its not a head to head rule because a) You only play each team once and b) I drew with them.

Therefore by understanding it should be ruled on goal difference and mine is superior.

Is this a bug or is there something I've not realised?

http://yfrog.com/6fweirddp

Just played my 2nd game in the Europa League, a 2-2 draw with Galatasaray. Can anybody explain to me why I'm not top of the league?

I have a + 2 Goal difference and Galatasaray have a + 1. I presume its not a head to head rule because a) You only play each team once and b) I drew with them.

Therefore by understanding it should be ruled on goal difference and mine is superior.

Is this a bug or is there something I've not realised?

http://yfrog.com/6fweirddp

You play each team twice, not once.

On the rules page the first rule is "Results between teams" and Galatasaray have two away goals to none for you at this stage.

My bad I thought we only played each team once (I can't remember Pompey playing A.C Milan at the San Siro?).

As for games on Wednesdays I don't know? I ticked the box move games for TV so as far as I was aware the games would be played on a Thursday, looking through my fixture list I never play on a Sunday. Maybe this a rule in Germany? I dunno. The only reason I decided to start a new game with Werder is so I got to finally manage Ozil :-) who kept turning me down on other saves!

My bad I thought we only played each team once (I can't remember Pompey playing A.C Milan at the San Siro?).

The rules changed after Pompey were in it, so there is groups of 4 instead of 5 now, and they play each other twice.

So its more like the Champions League format now

As for games on Wednesdays I don't know? I ticked the box move games for TV so as far as I was aware the games would be played on a Thursday, looking through my fixture list I never play on a Sunday. Maybe this a rule in Germany? I dunno. The only reason I decided to start a new game with Werder is so I got to finally manage Ozil :-) who kept turning me down on other saves!

Thats because Portsmouth played in the Uefa Cup and not the Europa League. It was different rules.

If I'm being 100% honest with myself, this is the first save I've enjoyed in since late last year. I've not been able to get into the game that for one reason or another. Watching the World Cup I thought I'd take a look at Ozil and when trying to sign him proved impossible I decided the best way to have a closer look at him was to manage Werder, now I'm really enjoying the game and have also discovered the awsomeness that is Almeida! Currently sitting 3rd having (last match 1-1 away to Bayern) had horrific injury crisis that I'm coming, hopefully, to the end of. I hope to finish top 3 and qualify for the Champions League and I'd happily give up Europa League glory to achieve it!

Isn't a bit of a stupid rule though?

I might have a +10 GD while the other team +1, but if we drew 0-0 away and 1-1 home, they're ahead...

???

If your level on points with another team and the other team has beaten you or got better results over the two games, why shouldnt they be above you?

They have proved they are the better team by getting better results against you. The same if it happened the other way round.

Archived