Teams Vs Players??

As we've seen recently looking at the World Cup, it seems quite clear the key to success is a good team, not great players.

With the likes of messi, ronaldo, kaka, rooney all on their way home its got me thinking...

Are stats like Workrate, Teamwork, Adaptibility and Determination just as important in FM???

i always seem to build my teams on technical and physical attributes.... Any thoughts?

obviously not and most of the great players on the game already have sufficient stats on the game

jsut wonderin if high stats in this would make a great player world class??

a good club better?

just seems i tend to do fine without paying too much attention to these sorts of stats

I personally value high determination. High determination coupled with high workrate enables a player to reach their max potential easier.

High teamwork is good for certain positions. Like. Centerbacks and centermid I guess.

are they really though as like i say... i know very few FM players that look for those abilities in a player

i feel in some respects the game should place more importance on stats like these as IRL its possible to see a real difference because of them.

In terms of FM...

A well-rounded player with good mental skills can be much more important than a player with uneven attributes and mediocre mental skills.

My key players in midfield for the last three seasons have been "average" domestic players, none of which had attribute over 15 [just imagine a perfect octagon not exceeding the second outer outline]

While other promising/expensive players (often newgens... thus flawed ;)) with irregular octagons have been erratic, and often downright awful.

So I'd rather get an all 14s player than a 6-to-18 one.

With a good tactic you don't even need a Messi to kick some serious asses

Archived