Advice starting new game, want a fufilling game

Hi

I've been playing Football Manager for a while now, but I tend to keep starting new games as I become unsatisfied with either my performance, decisions or choice of team/pre season which for me leads to frustrating game play.

So i'm about to start a new game and this time I'm determined to stay in it for the long haul and make well thought out moves and become a all round solid manager.

My intention is to start with a low league English Club in Blue Square North/South, take them through the leagues and establish them as a top quality sustanable club.

1. Do you have any advice with starting the new game, as to ways I can peform well such as finances, transfers, training, tactics ETC ??

Thanks alot

:):)

My advice:

I started in League 2 and was expected to finish last. I released 90% of my starting squad for quality free agents (it is quite easy that low down the league ladder) and won the league at a stroll. Keep doing that each season and check the players released by the big clubs when you get the message.

My advice in England league 1 and below is loan, loan and loan some more. You can get some great players on 0% wages and no fee even easier if you can get a good parent team, Arsenal have loads of loan listed kids that will go to league 2 clubs, not sure about non-league. Remember you can only have so many on season long loans but as many as you want on 3 month-ers, just be wary that you can only have 5 (I think) in your match day squad.

Also pace, especially pacey strikers, dominates the lower leagues.

OR, if you want a fulfilling game (as the title suggests) ignore all previous advice. Start in the BSS/BSN and play as realistically as possible - use your scouts to find players instead of player search function, scout/buy players within a realistic area - a foreigner isn't going to uproot his family and move to England for £100 a week part time now is he! Also, trial free agents before signing - no real manager would sign a player without seeing him (or scouts seeing him) play first... Disregard all real life knowledge of players, or memories of them on other saves, and don't use downloaded tactics. Use your own instincts rather than asking for help and learn from your mistakes...

Yes it's harder, but it is much more rewarding.

I started in League 2 and was expected to finish last. I released 90% of my starting squad for quality free agents (it is quite easy that low down the league ladder) and won the league at a stroll. Keep doing that each season and check the players released by the big clubs when you get the message.

That's why LLM doesn't seem fun at all to me - too many cheap great players and the AI only buys dumbly.

do what TacticalGenius said :p

Archived