4 1 3 2 (compact midfield) - Anyone?...

There was a poll a while ago to choose the favorite formation in FM, and 442 won (credits to "Voodoo experience"). I can't recall seeing the 4132 as an option, but I am using it with great success now, to the point that the fan base complained when I changed it to 442!

What is your opinion about the 4132? (mid-field players playing in a compact block, not as wingers). Thanks.

1. It exploits the ME

2. IMO football should be played with wingers, or at least wing backs and players drifting wide if playing with a narrow formation.

3. I always play either a flat 4-4-2 or as the game recognises 4-2-4 with the 2 wide midfielders as AMR/L. Much more my style of football

1. It exploits the ME

2. IMO football should be played with wingers, or at least wing backs and players drifting wide if playing with a narrow formation.

3. I always play either a flat 4-4-2 or as the game recognises 4-2-4 with the 2 wide midfielders as AMR/L. Much more my style of football

4-4-2/4-2-4 :thup:

I change my 442 to 4132 when Im leading in the second half of tight games.

How do you do that without messing up your players light positions? Always that I do that some of my players turn red light!

Do you just drag and drop players, or do you click on a pre-set formation? (I do the former). Thanks.

You can do that with 4132, by setting your "focus passing" to both flanks.

1. It exploits the MEl
This. I thought that it was well known that playing very narrow exploits the ME.
It works because it exploits the ME through the middle. The defence AI can't handle it.

You guys should read this post about narrow formations by WWFan - http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5574043&postcount=32

To be honest, I don't believe that playing a 4-1-3-2 will confer much of an advantage. The main problem is with the narrow 4-3-3 and is exacerbated by 'overloading' (i.e. unrealistic settings to overload the centre of the pitch, which is what many of the 'cheat' or 'exploit' tactics do).

Personally, I don't see a major advantage or exploit as long as you are using a balanced tactic. I especially don't see a problem with 4-1-3-2.

4-5-1/4-3-3

few years ago i was 4-4-2 mainly and then bringing in 4-5-1 for certain games. nowadays i am 4-5-1/4-3-3 constantly. feel it offers constant balance, width and midfield compaction at all times

Archived