England vs Hungary August Your Starting 11,

Jayoel

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hart, Brown/Tomkins, Rio, Terry, A.Cole, Rodwell, Huddlestone, Barry, A. Johnson, Rooney, Delfouneso. Maybe even a few of the younger players, such as a couple of the players from the successful U17s. Moses and Wickham maybe?

In all honesty I'm not too sure, but I think we should play almost a completely different starting XI.

Hart

Richards

A.Cole

Dawson

Terry

Milner

Huddlestone

Parker

A.Young

Johnson

Rooney/Agbonlahor

Probably something like that, maybe lennon in for either Young or Johnson.

Hart, Johnson, Jagielka, Terry, Cole, Milner, Lampard, Gerrard, Lennon, Johnson, Rooney

What we really need is a proper holding midfielder who we can say is going to stay fit for the next 2 years (ie not Hargreaves) in place of Gerrard (I have Milner in a holding role here, but I'd prefer him in Gerrard's CM role).

call me extremely blinkered, but if we're going to see youngsters in the next squad then I reckon Andy Carroll should be in there. I firmly believe he's better than Heskey and there's not many, if any, English players who are better in the air

Let all the guys who played regularly in the world cup sit this one out imo, we've seen what they can do and well now would be a great time to start looking for other options.

Hart

Any young right back? Richards I guess, as we have barely any other options

Dawson

Shawcross

Gibbs

Huddlestone

Cattermole

Rodwell

Johnson

Young

Agbonlahor

Man, we are so short of decent young midfielders and strikers atm

I guess all eyes will be on this in terms of the 'fresh start' that has been spoken of.

I think players dropping out the squad will be James, Heskey and Ledley King. King just isn't fit, I understand the thinking behind taking him to the tournament but it didn't work out and we're building a team for the Euros so is there any point in having King in it? I'd expect Dawson to play alongside Terry (if he isn't dropped for his mutiny in South Africa ;)).

Not sure about Wilshire, bit early, Milner, Carrick getting a game maybe. This is before the 1st week of the season isn't it or midweek after week 1, difficult to pick an entirely different team really as nothing to base it on so likely to be similar to recent teams with a couple of changes. Adam Johnson should definitely be in it, wouldn't be surprised if SWP wasn't in the squad either but to drop him and put Walcott back says what exactly, Walcott would have been the better option?

Bit early for a match thread, isn't it? :D

Hart

Johnson

A. Cole

Dawson

Shawcross

Milner

A. Johnson

Parker

Barry

Gerrard

Rooney

Subs: Green (GK), Robinson (GK), Richards, Jagielka, P. Jones (Blackburn Defender), Gibbs, Baines, Rodwell, Cattermole, Huddlestone, Carrick, Lennon, Walcott, Young, J. Cole, Wilshere, Defoe, Crouch, Agbonlahor.

Would name that as my 30 man squad and use them for the Euro 2012 qualifying games.

Anyone got a feeling Terry will be left out? Love everyone picking him by the way and not Rio (assuming he'll be fit.)

Is this a friendly? if so perfect time for experimentation, and leave the older players with their clubs at the start of the season, that'll probably do them more good.

Hart

Johnson

Ferdinand/Dawson

Jagielka

Baines

Lennon

Parker

Hargreaves (yeah right)

Johnson

Defoe

Bent

Foster

Richards

Shawcross

Young

Walcott

Huddlestone

Agbonlahor

Hart

Johnson (as much as it pains me to say it, who the else can we play?)

Rio

Dawson

Cole

Huddlestone (really think we should give him a run of games)

Barry

Lennon

Adam Johnson

Gerrard

Rooney

4-2-3-1, with Rooney behind Gerrard. Hopefully Rodwell can progress and replace Barry, a new right back to replace the shocking Johnson and fingers crossed that either Rio can stay fit or someone can emerge as a centre back.

Anyone got a feeling Terry will be left out?

Very much so. Was apalling against the Germans, and the good thing about England going out in that manner is that his failings have been exposed for all to see. Sick of this "lionheart" John Terry bollocks. He is slow and can't read a game for toffee.

4-3-3, 4-5-1, whatever you want to call it.

Joe Hart

Glen Johnson

Ashley Cole

Michael Dawson

Rio Ferdinand

Jack Rodwell

James Milner

Jack Wilshere

Theo Walcott

Adam Johnson

Wayne Rooney

It's never going to happen, but no more Lampard, Gerrard, or Terry. The've ****ed about long enough, time to look towards the next World Cup, (the Euro's are a platform for players such as Rodwell to get "experience"), and none of those three should be there. Neither should Rio really, but he is still England captain and still worth a place.

Let all the guys who played regularly in the world cup sit this one out imo, we've seen what they can do and well now would be a great time to start looking for other options.

I agree with this. But it'll never happen. I can see the press up a pop if he did as well.

Very much so. Was apalling against the Germans, and the good thing about England going out in that manner is that his failings have been exposed for all to see. Sick of this "lionheart" John Terry bollocks. He is slow and can't read a game for toffee.

4-3-3, 4-5-1, whatever you want to call it.

Joe Hart

Glen Johnson

Ashley Cole

Michael Dawson

Rio Ferdinand

Jack Rodwell

James Milner

Jack Wilshere

Theo Walcott

Adam Johnson

Wayne Rooney

It's never going to happen, but no more Lampard, Gerrard, or Terry. The've ****ed about long enough, time to look towards the next World Cup, (the Euro's are a platform for players such as Rodwell to get "experience"), and none of those three should be there. Neither should Rio really, but he is still England captain and still worth a place.

I think your right you know. If Terry had played slightly better against Germany we would have won. He was our best centre back there by quite a distance and seeing as the only one better when fit is Ferdinand (King maybe but he never will be) then I don't really see how leaving him out works. Ignore the fact Johnson played ****ing awful, Rooney was a complete waste of space and Gerrard played like a ****. Lampard was one of our better players that game.

I think your right you know. If Terry had played slightly better against Germany we would have won. He was our best centre back there by quite a distance and seeing as the only one better when fit is Ferdinand (King maybe but he never will be) then I don't really see how leaving him out works. Ignore the fact Johnson played ****ing awful, Rooney was a complete waste of space and Gerrard played like a ****. Lampard was one of our better players that game.

Wow, talk about taking things a bit personally. Oh no, someone has a go a go at a Chelsea player, lets all have a good cry. :(

Rooney was very poor, but will only be 28 by the time the next World Cup come about, thats why he's still in my side. Terry will be 33, and if he can't run at the minute, what's he going to be like in four years time?

As for Lampard, yes he was one of our better players, particularly in the Germany game, be he will turn 36 during the next World Cup. And yes Gerrard was by and large fairly poor, and will be 34 next time around, hence me not having him in my side.

Get off your "we're Chelsea, everyone's against us" perch.

Anyone got a feeling Terry will be left out? Love everyone picking him by the way and not Rio (assuming he'll be fit.)

Will Rio be fit, this will be too soon for him, surely? The fact he's still captain means I reckon he'll be in when he's back. He's had some serious time with injuries though I am half expecting a "retiring from international football to further my club career' with Fergie standing behind him with a gun.

Not sure I see Rio wanting just but he's hardly played recently and can't play more than a few games in a row. I get the feeling we'll be talking about 'shall we take Rio' to the next Euros (if we make it!) as we have done with King for this.

I am also thinking there will be some come back on the whole Terry thing. Capello saying "he made a big, big mistake" sounded ominous :D I expect him to be dropped at some point, wouldn't surprise me if he develops a 'niggle' just before this game and comes back for the first qualifier. A lot of pressure on him.

Basically, a lot of our players don't seem like they enjoy each others company, they're not exactly best mates and you don't get that sense of togetherness, think this will come out more in tournaments, never really had a tight knit group no matter how many times you hear "morale in the camp is fantastic".

I believe Capello has mentioned Bobby Zamora by name too so Heskey out and Zamora in will probably happen even though he's no spring chicken himself.

Be nice if the likes of Ashley Young had a good season again, Agbonlahor too, Gary Cahill may sneak in, possibly more likely if he leaves Bolton

We're looking at things for the next Euros here tbf TomTuck, maybe Lampard will fade out of the squad but he's an incredibly hard trainer but it depends on what system we're playing and if we're gonna get the best out of him otherwise the Euros will be like this World Cup.

Changing Managers at a time of rebuilding is rubbish, it'll be good if Capello could oversee some of the transition from the old guard to newer players and that seemed to be what he hinted at (but then mentioned Zamora and Hargreaves :/

If we pick more or less the same squad then we'll be in the same situation now in 4 years time. No one wants to drop Gerrard and/or Lampard as they're still quality players but at some point the 'future' of centre midfield has to come through ... quite who that is I have no idea :D

Maybe if everyone just continued down the line of "we just hope to make it to the Euros and get out the group" then there wouldn't be the pressure on a Manager to pick these top, top players, can spend more time with the next tier down and working with them whilst, hopefully, they also get to play for their clubs ... that bit is the problem though

We're looking at things for the next Euros here tbf TomTuck, maybe Lampard will fade out of the squad but he's an incredibly hard trainer but it depends on what system we're playing and if we're gonna get the best out of him otherwise the Euros will be like this World Cup.

Indeed I agree. But I dont see why, as I said initially, we shouldn't see the Euro's as a platform for the younger players to get the experince to go into the World Cup with.

And before anyone says it, no, I'm not dismissing the importance of Euro's, just looking at the bigger picture.

Indeed I agree. But I dont see why, as I said initially, we shouldn't see the Euro's as a platform for the younger players to get the experince to go into the World Cup with.

And before anyone says it, no, I'm not dismissing the importance of Euro's, just looking at the bigger picture.

Probably because we need to qualify for it before we use it as experience.

Probably because we need to qualify for it before we use it as experience.

Now you're assuming that a side with Gerrard, Terry, and Lampard would quailify. Funny that, because a side with those three didn't manage to qualify for the last Euro's, and didn't exactley make a good fist of the World Cup, despite a good qualifying campaign.

I don't think I'm sticking my neck out by saying that they represent our best chance of qualifying.

People are going way over the top with culling players just because they had a bad run of form. By all means introduce the players we think are talented enough to play in the future, but you can't do it all at once and a number of them aren't at all ready yet. We've already seen the debuts of two players in the last couple of months who should do well for England in Hart and Adam Johnson.

Just get the youngsters in there now, it may be difficult in the short term, but in the long term it'll pay off(if they're good enough) What's the point in sticking with the senior players? We'll just be going through the motions and they're not going to win anything anyway.

Wow, talk about taking things a bit personally. Oh no, someone has a go a go at a Chelsea player, lets all have a good cry. :(

Rooney was very poor, but will only be 28 by the time the next World Cup come about, thats why he's still in my side. Terry will be 33, and if he can't run at the minute, what's he going to be like in four years time?

As for Lampard, yes he was one of our better players, particularly in the Germany game, be he will turn 36 during the next World Cup. And yes Gerrard was by and large fairly poor, and will be 34 next time around, hence me not having him in my side.

Get off your "we're Chelsea, everyone's against us" perch.

Chelsea player or not, apart from maybe Rio he's our best centre back and was at the World Cup tbh. Don't really know why your going on about 4 years when this is a discussion about a friendly in 2 months :thup:

Your also basing this all on age for the next World Cup which is ****ing pointless at this stage tbh. Look at 2 years for the Euro's Terry is 31 and Lampard 34, who knows what Frank will be like as he has been getting better for Chelsea, if only he could do it for England. You have based all of your cuts on age, regardless of how they played. Although I wouldn't want to drop him, Rooney was one of our worst players at that tournament along with Glen Johnson.

Also I was defending Terry not Chelsea. The fact everyone is against him is nothing to do with Chelsea, nor did I mention it once. Do have another try at getting one over on me though.

Just for the single match:

Hart

Onuoha

Dawson

Terry/Cahill

Baines

Rodwell

Huddlestone

Lennon

Wilshire

Johnson

Crouch

Going forward in qualifying:

Hart

Johnson

Dawson

Cahill/Shawcross

Cole

Rodwell (may need to be Barry early in qualifying)

Milner

Lennon

Rooney

Johnson

Crouch

Ignore the fact Johnson played ****ing awful,

He really didn't, certainly not against Germany. All the accusations of him making mistakes were ones forced upon him by Terry and Upson's awful positioning.

Well I thought he played pretty awful. Didn't do well defensively or going forward so what's the point in him being on. Would rather have someone who just defended and didn't go forward who could actually defend.

I just hope England bring in a few useless youths who do even worse so people will realise the great players that they want to cut purely because they are old.

Archived