Signing Messi for Madrid

Just had a £100 million offer accepted for messi, i'm currently managing Real Madrid in my 3rd season. I've been "tapping him up" for a while, he wants-

£275,000 per week

£13,500,000 signing on fee

£28,000 appearance bonus

£18,000 goal bonus

I can only offer £245,000, and my budget is all in the wage end, (just found out if you allocate more wages you can offer bigger paycheques), and i can only offer 12 million signing fee.

Im hoping he will accept, and im praying that the computer doesnt realise im trying to trick it- As all of my budget is in wages I dont have the money for the transfer, when the board ask me "would you like to edit the budget?" they might notice that if I were to have edited the budgets myself beforehand, I would never have been able to make the higher contract offer!

Anyway, Im only buying him because he is MESSI, my team doesnt need him or anything, what do you think?

For the price he is a waste of money, I have had the chance to sign him but, with those wages I cancelled the deal.

There will be regens you can find that will be as good, however, like you said, you want him because "he is MESSI". So if you can afford it, go for it

He's on £275,000 a week already, at a club he loves and he's a loyal player. The chances of him leaving Barcelona and taking a paycut to play for their biggest rivals is almost none, so I wouldn't hold your breath on him accepting the offer.

He's on £275,000 a week already, at a club he loves and he's a loyal player. The chances of him leaving Barcelona and taking a paycut to play for their biggest rivals is almost none, so I wouldn't hold your breath on him accepting the offer.

Believe me, after a couple of successful seasons, (For your club) he will leave Barca for you...and a price.

He does want to sign, he even wants to impress me in his next game. Anyway i offered him £250,000 a week and he said no, but he wants to keep negotiating. Just wish the board would let me offer an extra £25,000

he even wants to impress me in his next game.

That would just because you recently declared your interest in him, rather than because you are negotiating with him.

If you are struggling to get him to accept and can't offer the extra wages/signing on fee, try whacking up the appearance and goal bonuses. Might not make a difference, given how short of his demands you are, but I have sometimes succeeded in getting players to accept wages below their demands, by more than covering it in appearance fees.

I was in the same situation at Liverpool after a tycoon takeover I had enough money to sign him but could only offer 250k a week compared to the 275k a week he wanted. Even adjusting my wage budget to be £3 million a week the board would still not allow me to offer 275k a week needed to sign him. In my opinion when this happens we should be able to request that the board allow us to offer the extra wage it would take to sign one of the best players in the world.

Archived