2d pitch vs 3d pitch (2D plays differently!)

ive found in fm09 and this current version (using each patch as they have come out) that if i play 3d pitch the other team seems to create a lot more chances and i find the game generally harder however when i play on classic 2d pitch the opposite...

other things ive noticed when playing 2d pitch... both teams hit the bar a lot less, a lot less red cards, a lot more injuries but a lot more victories for the user...

now i know its using the same ME and 3d,2d should not effect the outcome whatsoever...

but i am convinced its more than just a superstition

just wondering can anyone relate to this..

p.s im talking about setting the camera view to 2D classic not just 2D (i find the normal 2D an exact representation of the 3D pitch but in 2D which is what it should be)

That sounds ridiculous, I mean re-read what you guys are saying! I think when you guys change to 3D view, its easier for you guys to see chances that are created, and that is what is telling your mind that 3D is easier/harder!

i thought that since ive changed to only commentary from showing key chances that I couldn't win or score anymore or as often

I expect Ferguson or Wenger would have the same difficulty if they used radio highlights instead of Television ones.

It's your brain. Being human, once you have a hypothesis, you naturally discard information that contradicts your hypothesis, often without doing it, as any evidence to the contrary must be an anomaly.

The different match engine representations show the same match as calculated by the match engine.

i dont no if this is the same but iv noticed that when i watch a match in 3d my player sometimes due 360's as they run and my keeper runs out for no reason e.g say the opposite team get just outside my area with the ball my keeper will run away as if hes scared of the ball lol but when i switch to 2d i dont get a problem

What you have to acknowledge is that the match engine decides what happens, and that is then shown in 3d/2d/not at all. It's not like it was "calculated in 3d". Everything you see is an extrapolation of what the match engine comes up with.

Archived