The curse of the clear cut chance

It's just pure luck, I'm afraid, what is happening to you. The game isn't rigged, and I wanted to prove that so I took my last two seasons of data.

In 2016/17, I had 714 shots and hit the woodwork 30 times, while the opposition hit the woodwork 29 times from 522 shots.

In 2017/18, I had 958 shots and hit the woodwork 44 times, while the opposition hit the woodwork 27 times from 593 shots.

So, as you can see I was marginally unluckier in 2017/18 but if anything I have been favoured by the woodwork. I am a strong competitor in the league and I finished second of twelve teams in both years of this data.

Overall, I hit the woodwork 74 times from 1672 shots at a percentage of 4.42%. The opposition hit the woodwork 56 times from 1115 shots at a percentage of 5.02%, meaning that I was the luckier team.

In addition, you can't really look into clear cut chances particularly well but in 2016/17 I had 112 CCCs and scored 113 goals, and ironically in 2017/18 I had 129 CCCs and scored 130 goals.

So, if you were to put this into a statistic, I score 99.17% of my clear cut chances. Obviously this isn't true; the majority of my goals have come from outside of CCCs, but I have no idea how you actually analysed yours. Did you watch every shot to see if it was a clear cut chance and then the result of the shot? That would've taken an extremely long time if you actually did, but that's the only possible way of analysing the correct percentage of how many goals you actually score from CCCs.

That's what I did I've seen every shot that resulted in a CCC.

In overall terms though one team has hit the woodwork against me and that was Barcelona in two Spainish Cup ties - I'm in the 3rd tier in Spain.

Archived