Achieving too much too soon

I was just wondering if anyone has felt if they have achieved too much too soon in their game? Personally im not one for going 15 - 20 seasons in and normally call it a day when i win everything. Ive got a save with Everton (my team) and won the league and champions league in my 3rd season and dont know where to go from there. Should i stick at it and make Everton a dominant force or find a new team?

I was just wondering if anyone has felt if they have achieved too much too soon in their game? Personally im not one for going 15 - 20 seasons in and normally call it a day when i win everything. Ive got a save with Everton (my team) and won the league and champions league in my 3rd season and dont know where to go from there. Should i stick at it and make Everton a dominant force or find a new team?

I do that alot...... I'l start at a low level club and think **** this champions league is where its at and start a new game......Then i'l start with a big club and win everything straight away and think thats too easy......so i'l start again.... Best games ive got in to are Bilboa and start with the worst rep team in the blue square league's and see what you can do with them.

I think the issue is that the AI clubs in general just aren't nearly aggressive or competitive enough when going after the stars to make their club the best.

I find when I play in the A-League for example, playing as Wellington Phoenix, I can make a team good enough to win the whole competition in the second year of the game, just by picking up good players at the Australian trials, signing up players that the backroom staff recommend to me, picking up a good player or two from my youth squad, and playing good players into a consistent formation. I do go a little bit over budget in my first year, but after delisting a few dead wood older players, plus increased attendances at games in the second year, I'm soon profitable again.

Maybe that's a safety point to stop the clubs buying their way into bankruptcy. My next game I'm going to play a competing A-League club to the Phoenix, and compare the sort of teams the AI puts up against me to what I was building up in the first two years.

Of course to make the game more challenging you could try putting artificial limitations on your transfer activity, of course, seeing as the AI is so passive.

I do that alot...... I'l start at a low level club and think **** this champions league is where its at and start a new game......Then i'l start with a big club and win everything straight away and think thats too easy......so i'l start again.... Best games ive got in to are Bilboa and start with the worst rep team in the blue square league's and see what you can do with them.

Bilbao sounds like a real challenge buying just Basques i might have to give that one a go. A mate of mine downloaded something where he was playing as Celtic in league 2. I might try something similar with Rangers although i would imagine league 1 & 2 would be pretty boring. I think its just that time of year where i have been the majority of teams i want to be and i start thinking of FM 11.

About to start my fourth season with Toronto FC, and so far:

3 MLS titles (no Supporter's Shield, though, for finishing with the most points during the season)

3 Canadian titles (meaningless opposition)

2 Concacaf Champions League titles (currently in the semifinal of the 3rd)

2 Club World Championship titles (beat Barcelona without Messi, Henry and two other strikers, and Inter Milan)

Why keep playing? Easy- I now have about 8 foreign players on my team that are currently awaiting paperwork on becoming Canadian citizens, and hopefully after two more years they'll suit up for Canada.

No and no.

Canada still hasn't fired their coach (I'm now in my fourth season) despite a world ranking south of 100. If the job does open up, however...

I'm actually American. However, in the game Canadian players are generally pretty poor, so I actively look for good players that don't have a realistic shot at playing for their original nation. At this point I've had three Brazilians, four Argentinians and one Italian accept Canadian citizenship. The Italian and two of the Argentinians have been selected for a youth team at some point, so they haven't made a decision on who to play for as of yet when the time comes...

There's nowhere to go after you achieve success because there is not enough variety in the game imo, every club and league seems basically the same.

If they could make each club unique, have players flop when they try a different style league, have presidents who demand style AS WELL as success, introduce fixed term elections which radically change the direction of a club, election promises/signings, oligarchs doing whatever it takes to succeed signing huge name players for fortunes and so so much more, the game would have almost infinite longevity imo.

Archived