Exactly what kind of freekicks does this guy take?

Yeah but PPMs are behaviour, why would they affect how hard their shots can be?

I mean, if I teach a kid to always blast the ball at goal - that won't magically render him able to shoot twice as hard, will it now?

I believe it does too. You'll notice that your backroom staff recommend that you train players with a high strength attribute to shoot with power. You might also have a player with a low strength attribute who already has the PPM, and your staff will normally recommend that he unlearn it.

I believe it does too. You'll notice that your backroom staff recommend that you train players with a high strength attribute to shoot with power. You might also have a player with a low strength attribute who already has the PPM, and your staff will normally recommend that he unlearn it.

Nope, strength has nothing to do with shooting with power. Your staff is probably recommending they unlearn the move, because the player doesn't have a good enough value for long shots or it's some other reason.

Nope, strength has nothing to do with shooting with power. Your staff is probably recommending they unlearn the move, because the player doesn't have a good enough value for long shots or it's some other reason.

Are you sure? I've always noticed that players with high strength attributes shoot with a lot more power.

He tackles the ball into the net. It's a well known tactic, where you kindly ask a member of the opposition team to stand over the ball and take a run up and tackle them. Such is the accuracy of the tackle, it goes in:thup:

power is affected by fitness and tiredness as well, if you have played 120 minutes in a champions league final with 10 men and about to take a free kick you are going to be bloody knackered, and wont exactly get much power on the shot

Stupid regen attributes...
its the random newgen attributes which i hope si will sort out (PLEASE)

You say that, but I have a player with a similar attribute distribution to this sitting on the bench for my Maidstone Utd team. He isn't a regen. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples. It's just the case that some players really do prefer to strike the ball when it isn't moving at all and they have a long time to work out what they're about to do.

I had a guy in the BSS who had 17 for free kicks but average BSS level stats etc for all the other main shooting stats (he was a DR) - didn't stop him being able to curl it in to the top corner on a regular basis from 20 yards though. I'd argue the free kicks he was scoring weren't going to be saved much more regularly by a top level keeper such was their accuracy - his 15 or so goals during the season were the difference between getting promoted and not as I recall.

Archived