Formation question.

Just wondering if you guys change formations, or stick with a single formation. Maybe i should restart my game but it seems that the formation I use is sussed quickly so i need to change it often, trouble is when you have a small team ( swansea in championship) who cant go buying much then to have a big squad keeps getting comments off the board that the wages are too high.

Just trying to figure out the way you guys approach the game, at the risk of sounding like a wally :confused:

It's being Swansea is your problem mate (I'm a Cardiff fan)

I change my formation alot going through the season based on alot of variables condition of players who's injured and who's not who am I facing who's the deadliest threat and what formation should restrict the player from making an impact.

Through HOURS of working out my systems I took Cardiff to the top of the premier league with a total of 39 trophies and took Wales to two world cups and five european titles....honestly I don't recomend doing what I did because its alot of work and takes a long time to develop a system.

Well for my club games at least I tried to match my players stats with there's (especially in midfield) didn't actually get many regens and got some golden oldies in the back row (this was at the start going onto the rio and jt retiring etc etc) it became second nature after the regens kicked in because that old fm trait of silly ai, Rooney went to barca torres didn't get offered a new contract when he was 27 or 28 one of them and ended back in at Madrid.

International management was a killer I think in my time I had maybe two or three gems come into the welsh side the rest were medicore so I usually played a deffensive 451 which I though would be rubbish but it worked a treat only with Wales though Cardiff couldn't use it that well.

Advice: if you can't get any decent results wait a few years the AI will mess up oh just another little funny I saw yesterday messi and ronaldo both at Manchester city messi at 28 ronaldo at 30 both on the bench maybe ten appearences between them in two seasons?

Thanks guys.

Being swansea manager is a pain yeah! your not wrong!!!!! ( BTW, just a little info, one of my uncles )(through marraige))played for the bluebirds and wales, he wasnt half bad either).

For my sins ive got swansea top of the championship without any big signings, using a 4-1-3-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 formation. No money though ( just like real life). Beat arsenal in the FA Cup and then lost to west ham LOL!

I think im getting too addicted to the simpicity of this game!!!!!:thup:

Traitor....come over to the woodshed :)

yeah simple is king, that's kinda the story of my life.

If your looking for an attacking formation:

tactics:

attacking

short

normal

yes

no

no

brilliant tactic in your case I'd use it on lesser cup games etc etc.

Traitor? LOL

I support BOTH cardiff and swansea, a rare occurrance in wales eh? And yes, ive got both shirts but if i go to either ground with a short sleeve shirt on, I would get killed. Ive a swans and cardiff tattoo on my arms!!! How about that then? I will say the swans fans do let me off but ive had a little trouble explaining it at cardiff LOL.

Thanks for the formation tip. I wish i could play 4-4-3. Wouldnt i get banned for fielding 12 players on the pitch though.

Im off to get some inspiration by watching argies V germany :D

Type - Thought thats what you meant, thanks. You wouldnt shout jack if you saw me would you? :D I will be going there next season for a few games.

Dec - Im off to try it now after two of you saying it. Is that your preferred tactic with any team you play with?

Yeah I'll watch out for you don't worry there are dark corners ;)

so if you go to Swansea vs Cardiff who do you support lol.

In the 433 your strikers should be

fast/good at crossing. Powerful striker. Mixture of the two

I've noticed that the left sided attacker will favour the wing and sometimes cross inside for the shot and the right sided player will usually cut inside and try a shot.

I've tried this on five different teams and that always seems to happen with me.

Type - When they both play each other, can I be allowed to say that i just like the entertainment of it? Not into all this shouting insults at the other supporters anymore.

Just for the info, Swans fans hate me for having both on my arms, and generally hate me, Cardiff fans kind of think that anyone who would wear both colours has got to be admired for their guts. Especially when i worked for british rail based in canton on the passenger trains with short sleeve shirt showing them.

Did try a 4-3-3 and it was disasterous, maybe ineed to refine it a bit but a trial of 10 games brought 2 wins, 2 draws and 6 defeats.

Ive managed to win the championship with my normal 4-5-1 formation though with onyl 2 players brought in. However, life in the premiership is gonna be a whole nasty affair i think.

Dec - Cheers mate, I was modelling the team on roberto martinez who went to wigan and plays the 4-5-1 in the game too. Thought thathaving such a poor team against the prmier big guns would need 11 goalkeepers considering the team ive got :eek:

Made a note of the players you both mentioned though and will try again.

Tried M.Vaughans style of 4-2-3-2 but thats nearly as bad as having swansea city in real life ROTFLMAO.

Right, Im off to whip martinez and wigans A**E !!!!!

Hohoho!!!!!

1st premier match home V Wigan.......

4-3-3 using two attacking midfielders and one striker.............

Swansea City 2 Wigan Athletic 0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next match V liverpool, Dont think my attacking strategy is gonna work guys. Ive only played one game in an hour, Im savouring swansea being out of the relegation zone PMSL!!!!!!

Type - Canton is base for the cardiff valleys, Had a few looks from the merthyr boys but they respected me, Said I had guts LOL. The city line on a saturday was fun with a short sleeve shirt on. Generally had a good laugh with them. The bit about having two ensignia, so having split personality, one side of me always beating up the other always confused them LOL. they must of thought i was a self harmer so ot worth the bother.

Ok, 7 games into the premier, using that 4-3-3 and won 2 lost 5. Beat newcastle and wigan, lost to spurs, everton, west ham, sunderland and aston villa. Only losing by the odd goal so not doing too bad, just need to find a couple of wonderkids to shore up the gaps created by the injuries. ( liverpool are coming up soon).

DEC --- Yeah, thats what i meant sorry mate, I bought a couple quickly to get people into position. Statistically i am getting played off the park but only losing by the odd goal. I found that balanced play with pressing on works the best at the moment.

I didnt know a simplified game could be so addictive. :)

Wondering if you guys have chelsea as a giant in your games? 2 seasons and they have lost 2 games.

Tried their 4-1-2-1-2 with balanced tactics and found myself 10th in the premiership, having only taken one big beating by blackburn. Beat man utd 3-1 and the other games lost were by solitary goals.

Created another version of the game as a test game and tried the 4-3-3 but could not get anywhere near it.

Saying that, without funds of any substantial amount, i think swansea is just a pig of a job ( as the real swansea manager found out before leaving, watch for leicester and their manager next season).

Just in case anyone interested. Pulled off a miracle thanks to you guys. Converted to 4-3-3 and got a load of players with expiring contracts being signed up> Meanwhile, although losing heavily to liverpool ( who said they were a walk over LOL) I thrashed a couple of teams including wigan and sheff utd and am sitting in a healthy 11th pos in the table.

I wonder if ive taken the team as far as i can and try to apply for other jobs coming up now?

Thanks guys anyway, its working so far and not even having to switch from th attacking style much either.

• 4 weeks later...

I really hope 'type name here' sees this.

After going to the iPad I restarted a game after getting Swansea to5th in the premier after just 3 seasons.

Decided to start off with the above named beloved bluebirds. Can you believe it? Sold Lesley to juventus for 2 million, bought 3 am/ f's and after 28 games in the championship, I'm sitting top of the league with 25 wins 1draw and just 2 losses.

Seems using separate tactic home and away works well

• 1 month later...

Archived