Why do scouts automatically finish assignments?

I dont want my scouts to finish after a month or two, or whatever it is and then sit idly around and its a pain having to reassign them all the time. Why cant they just stay where i've sent them until I recall them?

Also why cant you add someone to your shortlist permanently? If you put them on your shortlist indefinitely, you still get a note in about year saying you've indicated that that player is no longer in your plans? When did I indicate that? Please make a button that allows them to stay on your shortlist forever, until you remove them yourself. Same with scouts, if I send them to scout a country I want them to do that, until I tell them otherwise.

grrrrr.

I am sure there is a roaming button you can click

Roaming only works for Regions, Continents and the World, not for individual countries unfortunately. It is a huge PITA when playing LLM style, as I only want to scout England (actually I only want to scout London and Essex) because anything else in the league I'm playing in (Ryman D1N, Enfield Town - on the London/Essex border) is just unrealistic.

It's very annoying when you assign a scout to a country. Have to reassign him over and over again, like you say.

Never understood why they can't keep on scouting until you say stop.

This is one of the most annoying things in FM for me! I like to have a lot of scouts that concentrate on individual countries, having to restart the assignments of them all every few months is just a PITA!

Archived