Offering contract to a player nearing the end of his contract with another club

At what point can you offer a contract to a player with another club?

I've currently got a player on a season-long loan who I desperately want to sign permanently. He reaches the end of his contract with his current club at the end of the season, and with his parent club he's transfer listed as not needed. At what point can I approach him to sign, as I want to get in quickly and secure his services?

I'm managing in England, if that makes a difference.

You can offer a player a contract when he only has 6 months left on his contract, but if your club is from the same country as the player you want to sign then you cant offer him a contract until it has only 1 month left.

For example, if Rooney's contract is expiring, any club outside of England can offer him a contract when he has 6 months remaining on his contract. Any club in England can't offer him a contract until his contract has one month remaining.

You can offer a player a contract when he only has 6 months left on his contract, but if your club is from the same country as the player you want to sign then you cant offer him a contract until it has completely expired.

For example, if Rooney's contract is expiring, any club outside of England can offer him a contract when he has 6 months remaining on his contract. Any club in England can't offer him a contract until his contract has expired.

No. It's one month for English club to English club Bosmans, 6 months otherwise.

Archived