Take Charge Of A Club With The Exsisting Manager?

Football Manager has always been about becoming your own manager and making a name for yourself, but in addition to the option of becoming a new manager what if there was the option to carry on the reign of current managers today such as Arsene Wenger, Sir Alex Furguson, Jose Mourinho.

I think it would be an excellent option to have adding even more realism to the game.

Dont youu think so?

:):):):)

It had been presented multiple of times. Really. Of course is a great idea, but for example SAF won't manage for 20 years anymore. Do you see yourself retiring in 2-3 years, cause I can't.

In F.A. Premier League Football Manager 2000, when you took over the club, you took the name of the clubs current manager. And it was irritating to the nth degree, just adding to the games overall dire nature.

It didn't add realism. It meant that nothing was in your name, and this served to disconnect you from the game.

Your achievements should be yours and yours alone. Taking on the mantle of a current manager might be a short cut to success, you're a somebody from the outset rather than proving yourself, but that makes for a shallow game.

Just create your manager with his name, make decisions as if you were of the same mind as Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho, et cetera. That's very easy to do in the game right now.

That, while an option, leaves you with the annoying situation where the real Wenger gets a job with a rival in the same league and you end up playing him and getting very confusing news items.

It had been presented multiple of times. Really. Of course is a great idea, but for example SAF won't manage for 20 years anymore. Do you see yourself retiring in 2-3 years, cause I can't.

Good point but it is i agree but i still think it will be an interesting path to explore.

In F.A. Premier League Football Manager 2000, when you took over the club, you took the name of the clubs current manager. And it was irritating to the nth degree, just adding to the games overall dire nature.

It didn't add realism. It meant that nothing was in your name, and this served to disconnect you from the game.

Your achievements should be yours and yours alone. Taking on the mantle of a current manager might be a short cut to success, you're a somebody from the outset rather than proving yourself, but that makes for a shallow game.

People have different views im sure theres people out there that share my opinion and some people that share yours.

I dont think it makes the game shallow i think it adds a different perspective to the game. Plus, in some cases yes it may be a shortcut to success but not in all for example taking on the role of Owen Coyle wont in any way shape or form be a shortcut of such.

Im not sayin the idea doesnt have its flaws but it does add a different dimension to the game ! :)

I personally would not like or use this feature, but I'm sure it could easily be added by a check-box feature such as "Continue as existing manger", then you can do as you please.

I agree ! As i said it wont be everybody's cup of tea but i can theres users that will enjoy it

Archived