Do "super penalties" exist in 10.3 ??

Not a moan, but just wondering if "super penalties" exist on patch 10.3 (I play 10.2)

Virtually every free kick that I concede in a dangerous (and sometimes not dangerous) position, goes in due to the total lack of the ME being able to put my guys in the correct position.

Below is an example of an 8 man wall. Just look at all those holes.

The only 2 guys not meant to be in the wall are the guy circled, and the guy with the black line pointing towards him, but as can be seen that guy is actually lined up in the " wall "

Taker only has to hit it straight and it goes in the top corner.

Unlike other decisions, (offsides/allowed disallowed goals etc which are 50/50 in that both the player and AI get them) have never ever scored one of these myself on 10.2

Is it just the AI giving itself a goal ?

Tried to find the original thread, but no luck.

20978399.jpg

Maybe the players are using their initiative, 'cos if everybody except 2 people are suposed to be in the wall, there would be ALOT of unmarked players for the freekick taker to pass to. That would be more dangerous than your flimsy wall.

Maybe the players are using their initiative, 'cos if everybody except 2 people are suposed to be in the wall, there would be ALOT of unmarked players for the freekick taker to pass to. That would be more dangerous than your flimsy wall.

But the wall is meant to be there for a direct free kick, of which all of these super penalties are. (Huge difference between direct free kick, and indirect kick). My other guys who have left all the holes aren't in fact marking anyone.

But anyway, thats not the point, The point was do these super pens exist on 10.3 ?

"super penalties"? looks like a free kick to me

The term "super penalty" was coined before (not by me) to describe the above situation where huge gaps are left in a wall and the f/k taker only needs to hit the ball straight along the ground in order to score a goal, though due to limitations I wasn't able to show that on the screenshot.

You do know you can pass from a direct freekick if you wish?

LOL watched footie for more than 30 years and never really seen a guy pass from a direct free kick if it is within shooting distance, but no, I never knew that, as the saying goes "you learn something new every day".

LOL watched footie for more than 30 years and never really seen a guy pass from a direct free kick if it is within shooting distance, but no, I never knew that, as the saying goes "you learn something new every day".

Did you not see the free kick Argentina scored against England when they played it over the wall to the back post and the unmarked player scored? 1998 i think

Then you've watched some rubbish footballers for 30+ years.

Did you not see the free kick Argentina scored against England when they played it over the wall to the back post and the unmarked player scored? 1998 i think

This is one example of hundreds and thousands I can think of.

Give it speople. Super Penalties? Whats next? Uber goal kicks that go straight to a forward who easily beats a useless CB pairing and scores? Oh hang on........

Didn't watch that game, as usually, England generally bore. Lack of ideas, lack of heart.

Then you've watched some rubbish footballers for 30+ years.

This is one example of hundreds and thousands I can think of.

Give it speople. Super Penalties? Whats next? Uber goal kicks that go straight to a forward who easily beats a useless CB pairing and scores? Oh hang on........

Upson nowhere near match fit, as for Terry, words fail me. At such a level, you need v quick defenders, not just someone who can head the ball.

No pace = lots of space

Upson nowhere near match fit, as for Terry, words fail me. At such a level, you need v quick defenders, not just someone who can head the ball.

No pace = lots of space

please don't try to justify that goal, and as for somebody that has been watching football for over 30 years and didnt know you could pass from a free kick, not many people are going to listen to your analysis of what a player needs to play at 'such a level'.

Obviously you didn't watch that game then.

If it is the one where Owen did his run and scored, then no, I didn't.

If I remember correctly, I was doing an 18 mile cycle on a v long road without holding onto my handlebars :D

I can't believe I'm saying this in a speople thread but there was an issue with walls on one of the patches.

They weren't as effective as they should have been.

That said you shouldn't have eight in the wall :D

I can't believe I'm saying this in a speople thread but there was an issue with walls on one of the patches.

They weren't as effective as they should have been.

That said you shouldn't have eight in the wall :D

I used to have 4-5 but conceded, so stuck more in the wall, but still conceded. Though it does seem that the more I put in the wall, the more I conceded. So now have less.

I used to have 4-5 but conceded, so stuck more in the wall, but still conceded. Though it does seem that the more I put in the wall, the more I conceded. So now have less.

Now you know players can pass from a freekick, it is a good idea to set one player to "Go back" so he isn't marking anyone and can close the ball down if it is passed. Also have atleast 3 players marking the opposition. :thup:

Even if this is the case (which is isn't), your arrow points from the taker's feet, right into the top corner of the net?

Do you know how difficult that is? Even if your wall deficiencies allow it, it's not going to happen very often is it?

Did they score from the FK by the way?

Archived